Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on MYSQL Date Query Question in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I'm really struggling with dates in mysql. :-( Could somebody show me how i could edit the following query to show stuff thats out 7 ...

Loyal Client

MYSQL Date Query Question

I'm really struggling with dates in mysql. :-(

Could somebody show me how i could edit the following query to show stuff thats out 7 days in the future and then limit that for stuff that's out until the end of that week? Ok that doesn't make sense.

The query i have shows products released this week...

What i need the query to do now is, not show stuff that's out this week but next week, and then for only 7 days sorta thing...

Here is the query i have...

Code:
    SELECT *, DATE_FORMAT(release_date, '%e-%b-%Y') AS release_date FROM cvg_portal.P_products WHERE release_date<=DATE_ADD(CURDATE(),INTERVAL 30 DAY) AND release_date>=CURDATE()

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by beesfan View Post
    Code:
    SELECT *, DATE_FORMAT(release_date, '%e-%b-%Y') AS release_date FROM cvg_portal.P_products WHERE release_date<=DATE_ADD(CURDATE(),INTERVAL 30 DAY) AND release_date>=CURDATE()
    It's all about the WHERE clause, I'm going to help you to figure it out.

Figure out how to say in SQL:

WHERE the release date is greater than or equal to 7 days from now AND the release date is less than or equal to 14 days from now.
    Good luck

Loyal Client
    Thanks for the reply Ron, sql dates really aren't my strong point...

So far i have

Code:
    WHERE release_date>=CURDATE() + 7 AND release_date<=CURDATE() +7
    That query isn't working, it isn't chucking out any syntax errors but i'm not getting any records returned?

Any pointers?

Loyal Client
    Ahh, i changed the 7 in the <= part to 14 and it's now giving me the records i want. Is that query correct then or would you do it differently?

Thanks,
    beesfan

Ron
    Loyal Client
    If it works and it does its thing quickly....

Next questions:
    Does this table have a large amount of data? Does each record have a large amount of columns? Is there an index that has release_date as the first column?
    Good luck