Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Head On Collision in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Here is the reason I have not been online the last week: I was the driver. A not so fun ride the the hospital in ...

all about nothing! Frank Broughton's Avatar

My Head On Collision

Here is the reason I have not been online the last week:

I was the driver.

A not so fun ride the the hospital in an ambulance and a bunch of x-rays later - nothing was broken. Just a very sore neck (from the seat belt) very sore bruised ribs (from the steering wheel) and two sore knees from hitting the dash. Hit the dash so hard the paint from the dash was impregnated into my paints.

Going down hill into a tricky double right hand turn I hit a patch of black ice when trying to slow down for the second turn. In 2 seconds it was all over. Wheel hoped into the left lane while trying to make the turn and just wouldn't ya know it - an adult services bus was coming around the bend. OUCH!

First accident in 20 years and I do hope never to experience this again. Grateful to be alive. Still pretty sore in my chest but I am okay.

So tis the reason for my absence form here for the last week...

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Oh my God what a terrible thing to endure. Those are pretty graphic pictures.

Thank God you were wearing the belt and that you're OK.

This community nearly lost a great member.
    Good luck

wow frank... thank god your ok! it would NOT have been the same without you here... heck it wasnt the same the past week without you on...

glad your ok and hopefully that doesnt happen again!
    -Daniel

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce today would cost $100, get a million miles to the gallon, and explode once every few weeks.

My scripts never have bugs. They just develop random features.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Man I was just looking at those pics again... What a great job that old Chevy did protecting you. It crumpled up just right to absorb all that energy and it looks like the passenger compartment was completely intact.

Did it transfer energy around you and damage the backend too?
    Good luck

OL Chevy's and OL men are tough!.

Did you have your seat belts on Frank? Glad you were only banged around a little.

Geepers Frank! That was a bit of a cruncher. I'm glad you're OK though - Remember, the metal doesn't matter - You got out OK, and that's all that counts

PS: Just a little word in your ear ... Your left headlamp is out. Watch out, they can book you for that
    EuroNut (The mad Brit)
    If it ain't broke, don't ping it...

Ouch! Glad your ok Frank.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Man I was just looking at those pics again... What a great job that old Chevy did protecting you. It crumpled up just right to absorb all that energy and it looks like the passenger compartment was completely intact.
    Yep! Exactly!

Honda must have designed it...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Loyal Client
    My friend got rear ended by a semi, and the accident caused an 8 car pileup. It was an F-150 and looked worse that your truck did after the accident, but he just had some whiplash. I damn near bought one just 'cause of that.

all about nothing! Frank Broughton's Avatar
    Thanks all....

Ron, I just replaced my Ford Ranger with this full size Chev and she did her job. The Ranger would have been much worse for me to be in. The Chev was built like cars used to be built in the 70ties and such! The master cylinder was broke at the mounts as the shock was so strong. There was no rear end damage. Both doors still open. She's off to the bone yard now...

Connie, if I did not have my seat belt on I may not be here typing this. I came close to the windshield with it on. I bent the steering wheel a couple inches and the wheel is very heavy duty.

My chest still hurts quite well some 11 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Thanks all....

Ron, I just replaced my Ford Ranger with this full size Chev and she did her job. The Ranger would have been much worse for me to be in...
    Let me *guess*...

You got tired of the electrical problems -- in particular, the faulty ignition switch!

Putting my neck on the line here, Frank...

Please be honest, for once!
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mattsiegman View Post
    My friend got rear ended by a semi, and the accident caused an 8 car pileup. It was an F-150 and looked worse that your truck did after the accident, but he just had some whiplash. I damn near bought one just 'cause of that.
    That's what I drive, wish it was better on gas!

I get, on average, about 16 mpg at an average rate of $3.19 - $3.25 per gallon...
    -Daniel

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce today would cost $100, get a million miles to the gallon, and explode once every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    Putting my neck on the line here, Frank...
    No pun intended?
    -Daniel

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by dbstephens View Post
    That's what I drive, wish it was better on gas!

I get, on average, about 16 mpg at an average rate of $3.19 - $3.25 per gallon...
    You should move to Wichita, gas is 2.89 today

My Impala gets slightly better than 20mpg, but it would probably be better if I didn't get so ticked off by slow drivers, heh. My friend got another F-150, actually, and I think he said he gets somewhere between 14 and 16 mpg. But that's almost worth it to know that you can get rear-ended by a semi and not be pancaked.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsiegman View Post
    You should move to Wichita, gas is 2.89 today
    Move to the UK (not) ... We're paying $2.05 per litre today
    EuroNut (The mad Brit)
    If it ain't broke, don't ping it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast