Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Draco Issues in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I've been a longtime JPC customer (7+ years), very pleased with the service over the time. I was initially a regular shared customer but moved ...

R45

Draco Issues

I've been a longtime JPC customer (7+ years), very pleased with the service over the time. I was initially a regular shared customer but moved to a VPS in the last year. In the past 3 weeks however, Draco (our VPS node) has experienced over 35 hours of downtime (separate from network maintenance). First the server went down for nearly 14 hours on a friday afternoon into saturday, having to FSCK. There were atleast two other outages thereafter for ~2 hours each then today, we are going on nearly 20 hours of downtime.

I know computers, things fail and happen to everyone. But this is clearly some recurring problem (hardware? drives?) since the server was very stable prior to these three weeks. The current rate of downtime is something I simply cannot live with, and since these problems keep happening, it appears that nothing drastic has been done to attempt to find the problem. Trial and error on live servers isn't very comforting. If the server is questionable, all customers on the node should be transferred until the problem can be found.

Am I being unreasonable or is it time to move on? I can't keep my customers happy (server is mainly used to host email. One of my customers has a TV program with an email feedback, the show airs on Saturdays....) with this frequent amount of outages. I always had confidence in JPC, but when people are threatening to take their business elsewhere, I can't really use the past as an excuse.
    Adam Alkins
    [website]

Loyal Client
    I think we share the same node, my site has been down since last night.

Loyal Client
    I must say, I'm kind of disappointed in JPC at the moment. I usually refer everyone who asks to this company for their hosting needs as I have been so impressed with their service, support and stability. However, the last has taken a hit the last few weeks. I agree with R45; if there is a serious issue with Draco, I think the customers on that VAPP need to be moved to another box until the underlying issue is finally resolved...

Quote Originally Posted by R45 View Post
    I've been a longtime JPC customer (7+ years), very pleased with the service over the time...

I was initially a regular shared customer but moved to a VPS in the last year...

Am I being unreasonable or is it time to move on?
    No! I don't think it's time to move on...

I think it's time to be 'a man' and move up!

Quit being a cheap [male appendage] and get a managed dedicated server.

If you're being truthful, which I doubt, this shouldn't be a problem for an important person like yourself - and your important clientèle!

As an aside, I'm thinking about going totally Mormon, and moving up to three wives... sisters, actually (of my first wife)!

When I come home, from a hard day's work, and say "Hi, Honey!" at the door, it's kinda fun hearing several, "Hi, Honey[s]!" coming from the kitchen...

What do YOU think?
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 11-17-2007 at 06:39 PM.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL © 2010

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdog View Post
    I think we share the same node, my site has been down since last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by elflaco View Post
    I must say, I'm kind of disappointed in JPC at the moment...
    OMG!!!

There's your problem, R45!

You got some n00bs in the wood pile...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    OMG!!!

There's your problem, R45!

You got some n00bs in the wood pile...
    We are Noobs here because our site is normaly running. I dont think you want all our people from our message board and site posting here. LOL

you guys would freak!

Loyal Client
    He cant crash everyone by testing some code.
    If that was the case I would have trashed my own site 1,000 times by now.

Vin must be the resident troll here, when our site comes back up I will invite you to have a look if ya want.

He cant crash everyone by testing some code.
    If that was the case I would have trashed my own site 1,000 times by now...
    Thank you!

Loyal Client
    Now, now, Vin.

We all know that you're the resident genius here, but 30+ plus hours of downtime in a month is something I would expect from Netsol.

Not JPC.

And I know you expect better from one of the best hosting companies around...

Vin must be the resident troll here, when our site comes back up I will invite you to have a look if ya want.
    Nah, Vin isn't the resident troll...

He just has different point of views

PS
    I remembered the <Shift> key
    -Daniel

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce today would cost $100, get a million miles to the gallon, and explode once every few weeks.

My scripts never have bugs. They just develop random features.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by dbstephens View Post
    Nah, Vin isn't the resident troll...

He just has different point of views

PS
    I remembered the <Shift> key
    Shift key? Why?

I figure...

In a shared environment, you are at the mercy of those with which you share the environment!

That's why I'm glad I'm not a woman...

I can't imagine sharing my life with a stinky, hairy, farting, belching, nut scratching, Neanderthal - yet, that's exactly what YOU are doing on shared servers!

How do you figure this is JagPC's fault?!?!?

You expecting a restraining order from them, or something?

Shift key? Why?
    Shut up!

He's learning...

Loyal Client
    I figure...

In a shared environment, you are at the mercy of those with which you share the environment!

That's why I'm glad I'm not a woman...

I can't imagine sharing my life with a stinky, hairy, farting, belching, nut scratching, Neanderthal - yet, that's exactly what YOU are doing on shared servers!

How do you figure this is JagPC's fault?!?!?

You expecting a restraining order from them, or something?

I expect them to attempt to make a long-term resolution towards an obvious problem with a piece of hardware. I can't stand "shared" plans, but a dedicated server is a bit much for a site that generates 0 revenue (on purpose, BTW. It's a labor of love... and hate...). And if your perspective is accurate, what's the point of even offering a VPS?

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast