Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Experience with JagPC VPS Setup in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I ordered my VPS on Nov 15 using the deal at WebhostingTalk with 10%off anf 50% extra everything on Centos. My VPS was setup quickly ...

Unhappy My Experience with JagPC VPS Setup

I ordered my VPS on Nov 15 using the deal at WebhostingTalk with 10%off anf 50% extra everything on Centos.

My VPS was setup quickly but I didn't get any extras. Also I was setup on Centos 4.5 with PHP 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.2.0 even though I has asked specifically for Mysql 5 and Php 5. After this I was given some excuses about not being able to upgrade now. So I modified my site to work with the versions of PHP and MySQL on the server.

Suddenly yesterday (Nov 19 Sunday), I'm told that I can upgrade to Centos 5 and I will ahve to backup everything and they will upgrade and restore my backups. So I did that with a lot of help from Jag. Anyway all this was done last evening around 6PM and I have yet to hear from anyone (it is around 9AM now) about the new setup. My current VPS was shutdown around 8PM last night, I'm assuming for the upgrade but that never happened.

Also I was told that I will be charged 15$ for the upgrade but when I mentioned that I asked for it in the first place, I was told I won't be charged. Then I hunted around the forums for people's experiences I found a post by MAsood saying that Centos 5 is the default!!!!

This is ridiculous. I have always been happy with JagPC until now. This time I'm really frustrated and quite dissatisfied with my experience. I was hoping to get everything back to work over the weekend but with the way things are going god knows when I'll be setup completely!

Anyway I'll update this thread with what happens.
    Random Books from My Bookshelf

iBookDB

I sumited a new ticket about what is happening and I got a reply saying that sales is not available on weekends. So if my VPS was not going to be upgraded yesterday, why would they shutdown my VPS??

iBookDB

I have only one VPS at JagPC and here is the reply that I get:

Could please elaborate that which VPS you are referring to so that I can assist you?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
    Smith

iBookDB

I got a couple of replies from Tech Support that I should wait for a reply from Sales, which obvoiusly I am not getting any. I'm at the point of giving up on the VPS alltogether. It's 9:45. JagPC sales is open 7 days a week according ot their website

Sales & Billing
    Hours : 7 days a week (7AM-11PM CST)

so I'm not sure why I'm getting the bull**** about sales is not available on weekends and if they open 7am CST, it is nearly 9am CST now. They should have done something by now.

iBookDB

Nearly 100% Pure Carbon thecoalman's Avatar
    Sorry to hear your troubles, I got my VPS about the same time as you except everything has gone fine. Centos 5, Mysql 5.X, PHP 5.X ... Had forur support tickets so far all for things I couldn't do such as not having the correct reverse DNS and it was all fixed very fast. Can't say I have any complaints but instead am very happy.

Are you by any chance communicating by phone? I've done everything through the internet and besides a longer than expected time for the initial setup support has been very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
    Sorry to hear your troubles, I got my VPS about the same time as you except everything has gone fine. Centos 5, Mysql 5.X, PHP 5.X ... Had forur support tickets so far all for things I couldn't do such as not having the correct reverse DNS and it was all fixed very fast. Can't say I have any complaints but instead am very happy.

Are you by any chance communicating by phone? I've done everything through the internet and besides a longer than expected time for the initial setup support has been very fast.
    Nope nothing by phone all online. I am currently chatting with Nick who is setting up my VPS as I am typing this. He has offered a one month credit for my troubles.

iBookDB

re

Hello,

Per our conversation on Live Chat it is being worked on right now, and you have been offered compensation for the extended period of waiting.

Regards,
    Nick
    Nick Rose -[b][url=http://www.jaguarpc.com]JaguarPC.com[/url][/b]

Helpful Links
    [URL="http://www.jaguarpc.com/support/kbase/"]Knowledge Base[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jaguarpc.com/support/status.php"]Network Status[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jaguarpc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100"]Current Specials[/URL]

Need a Manager?
    [URL=http://www.jaguarpc.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=10985] (pm)[/url] | [email="[email protected]"](email)[/email] Tracie, Customer Service Manager
    [URL=http://www.jaguarpc.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=7494](pm)[/url] | [email="[email protected]"](email)[/email] Rizwan, Technical Support Manager

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Nick View Post
    Hello,

Per our conversation on Live Chat it is being worked on right now, and you have been offered compensation for the extended period of waiting.

Regards,
    Nick
    Yes thanks!

iBookDB

Ron
    Loyal Client
    The only thing bad about Jag, is they make you feel silly for having whined in public...

I'm glad everything is working out for you.
    Good luck

I've been with Jag for a while but this is my first VPS with them.

iBookDB

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    The only thing bad about Jag, is they make you feel silly for having whined in public...

I have only one VPS at JagPC and here is the reply that I get:
    Click on your accounts list in your Nixcore client area from where you opened the ticket, you do not even have one vps listed.

Before it gets more complicated, let me clarify, you now have two client area logins. If this is not by purpose, you should get all your hosting accounts merged into one and managed from one nixcore (billing & support) login.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]

Banned
    I've gone ahead and merged the accounts to avoid further confusion.

Another happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by st1905 View Post
    Another happy ending
    Somewhat. I'm not yet fully setup Nick offered that I select from free one month or a custom replication setup for free. However Masood shot down the custom setup idea saying it cannot be done for free. So my free one month has been passed on to management and hopefully it will be applied automatically.

As of now my VPS is up and running and backups are being restored.

iBookDB

Finally I got fedup of waiting for my backups to be restored and am doing it myself. On the default Plesk installation the backup utility is disabled for some reason. I asked to have it enabled and since it was I am able to restore my ftp backup.

I started the process about 20 mins ago and it is already complete.

iBookDB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast