Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dedicated server in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi i have been introduced to this website by someone, 1st impression was "great prices" but when i was on a tight moving time line ...

Loyal Client

Dedicated server

Hi i have been introduced to this website by someone, 1st impression was "great prices" but when i was on a tight moving time line with anouther host i found out it takes 5-10 days to get a dedicated server.

I personally find that very inconvenient, there is hosting companies that can set a server up in about 4 hours i dont care if it takes 24 hours but 5-10 days?

I was told the server needs to be built, but if you have the server configurations in the purchase link wouldnt it be better to have atleast 5 servers of each configuration ready ?

just my .2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by silence View Post
    i found out it takes 5-10 days to get a dedicated server.

just my .2 cents.
    That's your 2/10 of a cent, eh?

Who told you it takes 5-10 days?

And, what's wrong with your <shift> key?

Maybe you should consider regular shared hosting...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    That's your 2/10 of a cent, eh?

Who told you it takes 5-10 days?

And, what's wrong with your <shift> key?

Maybe you should consider regular shared hosting...
    I was told by the support it will take 5-10 days for them to get me a server, this happened 3 months ago also, so i got my self a vps. Now again im in need of a dedicated server and 5-10 days wait is way 2 long....

I was told the server needs to be built, but if you have the server configurations in the purchase link wouldnt it be better to have atleast 5 servers of each configuration ready ?
    They're just examples of what's possible. I doubt many people get themselves exactly one of those.

I don't quite understand how one so suddenly finds himself in need of a dedicated server. If you need it tomorrow, why didn't you order it two or three weeks ago, especially since you already knew about the 5-10 days to get it ready?
    Regards,

Wim Heemskerk
    ---
    Visit MeCCG.net - Cardgaming in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth
    And Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store

all about nothing! Frank Broughton's Avatar
    Would be only 4 top 9 now if you ordered yesterday. At my age - 5 to 10 days is a blink of the eye! No big deal here with me. If that is what they say it takes and you knew it yonder back in time that that was the time frame why the gripe now? Work within the parameters established and all is well.

No matter the situation with recent data center problems the staff that Greg has built around JaguarPC is in my opinion worth the wait.

I said it before and I will say it again, the strength of a company shines in adversity and man has JPC been through some adversity lately. Once with a kernel update and now with hundreds of computers hard off because of the GNAX data center mishap. Lesser hosting companies may have folded, not JPC. I would love to have been in the phone conferences this week with Greg and staff - I am sure that they have devised numerous plans for bettering this place in lew of recent events.

I was told by the support it will take 5-10 days for them to get me a server, this happened 3 months ago also, so i got my self a vps...
    Do you have a VPS here?
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Loyal Client
    whats going on ? i payed for the server and now i got 2 more pending payments of 189 for the same server...........

Loyal Client
    whats going on ? i payed for the server and now i got 2 more pending payments of 189 for the same server...........
    a simple ticket to the sales team will solve your problem

Maybe he order 2 spare servers so that he would have them ready for next time he needs one in a hurry?
    EuroNut (The mad Brit)
    If it ain't broke, don't ping it...

Loyal Client
    i wrote 5 tickets already and no reply and payments are still in the billing, i even called and left a message.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Ensure the tickets were opened to the sales department (actually, if they weren't I'm sure the techs transferred them to sales). Then wait until Monday afternoon for an answer, since sales/billing operates on a skeleton crew over the weekend.
    Good luck

Sorry, but I'm calling bullsh!t on this thread...

Too many red flags!

Loyal Client
    i was able to speak to live support person and they settled the issue with 2 pending payments.

they said tomorrow my tickets will be answered since over the week end the staff is very low.

Good save!

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    Good save!
    It's not a safe it was the truth the orders ware made over before the weekend so sales department was slow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast