Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Very slow and unstable connection! Please help in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
My site has been acting really weird recently, sometimes very fast, sometimes extremely slow (and I checked my connection to make sure it's not the ...

spr
    Loyal Client

Very slow and unstable connection! Please help

My site has been acting really weird recently, sometimes very fast, sometimes extremely slow (and I checked my connection to make sure it's not the cause. I also have some people from other places check it for me as well.) I dont see anything strange when I look at the system logs though.
    When I said slow, I meant slow response. The browser can take many seconds to minutes "waiting for domain.com" but once it starts loading it's very fast, all the images loaded in an instance. Also, this happens very randomly, it can be fast just a few seconds before, then when you click on the next link it can take forever to load.
    This applies not only to the site but also the cpanel and ssh connection.

(The site used to run extremely well on another VPS also on JP with less resources, so I dont think there is any problem with server resources)

My VPS specs:
    Diskspace = 22GB
    384MB Ram
    Bandwidth = 450GB
    Load Average 0.77, 1.34, 1.73
    System 60%

my.cnf
    Code:
    [mysqld]
    query_cache_limit=5M
    query_cache_size=128M
    query_cache_type=1
    max_allowed_packet=10M
    set-variable = max_connections=500
    safe-show-database
    old-passwords = 1
    key_buffer = 64M
    join_buffer_size = 1M
    read_buffer_size = 1M
    sort_buffer_size = 2M
    table_cache = 1024
    thread_cache_size = 286
    interactive_timeout = 25
    wait_timeout = 1000
    connect_timeout = 10
    max_heap_table_size = 128M
    max_connect_errors = 10
    read_rnd_buffer_size = 524288
    query_prealloc_size = 163840
    tmp_table_size = 32M
    myisam_sort_buffer_size = 32M
    query_alloc_block_size = 32768
    bulk_insert_buffer_size = 16M
    skip-innodb

[mysqld_safe]
    open_files_limit = 8192

[mysqldump]
    quick
    max_allowed_packet = 16M

[myisamchk]
    key_buffer = 32M
    sort_buffer = 32M
    read_buffer = 16M
    write_buffer = 16M

[mysqlhotcopy]
    interactive-timeout
    Please let me know if you need any other info. Since the site is a commerce site I dont want to post the link here but can PM to you.

I noticed the say thing the past couple of days! I thought it was just me! I have absolutely no clue why this is happening, but it is.

What VPS node are you on?
    -Daniel

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce today would cost $100, get a million miles to the gallon, and explode once every few weeks.

My scripts never have bugs. They just develop random features.

spr
    Loyal Client
    My tracert shows mars.nocdirect.com.

Regards.

spr
    Loyal Client
    Contacted support, they tell me the network is just fine, and "This can be due to some sort of problem with the network in the middle of the way which is not in our control."

Great, the problem is that it only happens on my site, and most people I asked got the same result.

Try going through a proxy...

http://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/

...for instance!
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

spr
    Loyal Client
    Thanks Vin DSL, still the same result though
    My average site load is as high as 30s (if not more) ,and now it's taking minutes to even load Cpanel.
    There is no way we can do business with a web site loads this slow.

My cPanel is taking FOREVER to load when you first login, I mean at least 20 seconds until it loads. My sites are speedy except for the occasional times when it takes a few seconds to renders.

I have noticed about the slow cPanel that when you use x or x3 as your skin it loads almost right away, but with RVSkins it is taking FOREVER
    -Daniel

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce today would cost $100, get a million miles to the gallon, and explode once every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by spr View Post
    Thanks Vin DSL, still the same result though
    Hrm...

Not good!

Have you contacted Tech Support?

Sounds like your site is 'bursting', so to speak... e.g. not enough RAM, but that's just a *guess*.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    Have you contacted Tech Support?
    Quote Originally Posted by spr
    Contacted support, they tell me the network is just fine, and "This can be due to some sort of problem with the network in the middle of the way which is not in our control."
    that answer your question Vin?
    -Daniel

I just started thinking...

You might try installing phpSysInfo in a PASSWORD PROTECTED folder, and see what it says.

I really like this utility, and it might clue you into what's going on... maybe... sort of...

EDIT

Be sure to get version 3.x
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 01-14-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_DBS View Post
    My cPanel is taking FOREVER to load when you first login,
    But is your VPS on mars, or another node??
    EuroNut (The mad Brit)
    If it ain't broke, don't ping it...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_DBS View Post
    that answer your question Vin?
    Shut up!

I'm eating supper, okay?

Pizza and spaghetti, covered in Tabasco...

Quote Originally Posted by EuroNut View Post
    But is your VPS on mars, or another node??
    Nope... One is on Gloin and the other is on Fortuna... My IWorx panel on the VPS on Fortuna is as speedy as ever.
    -Daniel

Shut up!

I'm eating supper, okay?

Pizza and spaghetti, covered in Tabasco...
    Hmm interesting...
    -Daniel

I just started thinking...

You might try installing phpSysInfo in a PASSWORD PROTECTED folder, and see what it says.

I really like this utility, and it might clue you into what's going on... maybe... sort of...
    I've not had much luck with PHPSysInfo... Last time I tried to download it, the files were corrupt... I haven't tried again lately
    -Daniel

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast