Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on VPS Set-Up in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Does anyone know how long it takes to get your vps set up after ordering? I placed my order this morning and haven't received the ...

Loyal Client

VPS Set-Up

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your vps set up after ordering? I placed my order this morning and haven't received the follow-up e-mail. The first e-mail I received stated "In a few moments you will be receiving another email from us regarding your order along with login details, website information, and more." I still haven't received anything else. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Banned
    It depends on when you placed the order and how many are ahead of you in the queue. What's the domain on the order? (You can send this via PM if you'd like). I can check the status for you.

VPSes are set up manually and can take anywhere from an hour or two to up to 24 hours, depending on the sales department's workload. The "few minutes" note is really a carryover from when they only offered shared hosting accounts. Shared accounts are created automatically and really do take just a few minutes to create. They really ought to update that auto response as you aren't the first new client to bring it up.

Anywho...welcome to JPC!

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com