Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Amazed by lack of support/customer service in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I've been with Jag since 2001. In the last year, when my site has been growing, Jaguar has noticeably failed. If nothing else, the fact ...

Loyal Client

Amazed by lack of support/customer service

I've been with Jag since 2001. In the last year, when my site has been growing, Jaguar has noticeably failed.

If nothing else, the fact that there's a "Live Chat" button on the contact page for support, when there is no live chat for support, is misleading and fraudulent.

Tonight I clicked on Live Chat for Sales. At 8:01 CST. It's 9:47 CST. No one has checked on me.

I've called the sales number 5 times. The message plays, then about 30 seconds of music, then nothing. The call disconnects. This was at various times of the day - not just at night.

I've been trying to switch over from one service to another. Over 10 hours later, it's still not switched.

This is on top of the entire day that was down a few weeks ago.

This is on top of the lost time with emails because tech support didn't configure them from the backend when I switched to a VPS.

And on top of many many more reasons.

A sales person from Jaguar actually told me recently that the support issues have been because money has been put towards advertising and marketing and not towards support.

Maybe if you continue to lose customers who have been with you for 7 years, you'll start paying more attention to retention than to expansion.

Because you're losing this one.

Banned
    Hi thelocal,

If you have any support issue still pending that you need help with please let me know your ticket # and I will get that checked.

If you called sales during the normal sales hours there should not be any problem , we will check into that.

We have not been offering Live chat for support , we will update any page that may need to be updated and not reflecting this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thelocal View Post
    A sales person from Jaguar actually told me recently that the support issues have been because money has been put towards advertising and marketing and not towards support.
    First, I apologize for the issues you've been experiencing. I'll be looking into this for you.

Second, what I quoted about from your post isn't true in the slightest. We've actually been working to increase and improve our support department so I'm baffled who would have told you this. Can you please send me a private message with who from sales said this to you?

For the issues with the phones, is this still happening? I don't have confirmation but there did seem to be some sort of issue with our system last week. It appears to be resolved but if you're still experiencing issues with it this week, please let me know so I can look into this further.

Quote Originally Posted by thelocal View Post
    This is simply not true, who told you this?

Since July we have been hiring techs, improving network setups, speeding up order setups, working to improve support flow and add new channels, and in fact we have reduced our marketing efforts by at least 60% . We are completely turning all our efforts inward for the last several months and will continue to do so for a while. We will also be increasing some referral payouts this month as part of that.

I would like to know the name of the person that told you that.

More importantly, we would like to continue earning and keeping your business. Please get with me.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

The problem with calls, thats ridiculous that you have had to experience that. I'll look into it today.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

My own personal experience with the JAG support has been superb.

Sorry to ear you have had troubles.

Geoserv.