Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Good primer on ImageMagick? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Just checking to see if anyone has any suggestions for a good online tutorial for ImageMagick? I've already been to the ImageMagick site, but am ...

Loyal Client

Good primer on ImageMagick?

Just checking to see if anyone has any suggestions for a good online tutorial for ImageMagick? I've already been to the ImageMagick site, but am wondering if anyone knows about other how-to's that they've found particularly useful?

Right now I'm mostly interested in how I would re-size images and save them to new image files within Perl and PHP scripts, as part of building photo display pages.

(I've already got a Perl script that creates HTML pages for each large individual image, but I haven't done a thumbnail part yet. I know how to create thumbnails by using the mogrify command at the unix shell command prompt, but of course it would be much cooler to do it within my script )

Thanks,

Sharon

Loyal Client
    search in goggle for "imagemagick tutorial". there are loads of them.

The command you want is 'convert' - see man convert for more info on this. if you exec 'convert -geometry x% <in> <out>' then this will reduce the image to x%, or else give the dimensions of image you want, eg 'convert -geometry 10x10 <in> <out>'

cheers,

colin

Loyal Client
    Search in google for "Imagemagick tutorial" there are loads of them. The command you want is called convert - see man convert for more info.

use this like 'convert -geometry x% <in> <out>' or
    'convert -geometry 10x10 <in> <out>'

cheers,

colin.