Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Can use a webmail system? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi, I'm thinking about hosting in Aletia my company web and some clients web. I think all the Aletia features are so cool, but I ...

Loyal Client

Can use a webmail system?

Hi,

I'm thinking about hosting in Aletia my company web and some clients web.

I think all the Aletia features are so cool, but I was wondering if I could install a PHP webmail system in my account.

You provide me hosting, Pop accounts and I'd need to provide some clients a webmail access to their accounts. Could it be possible? I was thinking in PHP webmails like Postaci or Squirrel (IMAP) or PHP-Post (POP).

You provide only POP access or also IMAP?

And other question: Is there any extra (optional) package to get mail domains to be managed by you up to the three free possible?

Thanks a lot for your help.

P.S.: Sorry for my poor English

Loyal Client
    There's another thread going on right now about this in another forum--check it out!

http://www.aletiaforums.com/showthre...=&threadid=296

Michael

Loyal Client

Re: Can use a webmail system?

Originally posted by asinkecualo
    You provide me hosting, Pop accounts and I'd need to provide some clients a webmail access to their accounts. Could it be possible? I was thinking in PHP webmails like Postaci or Squirrel (IMAP) or PHP-Post (POP).
    First of all, all accounts come with built-in webmail capability via NeoMail. You can also install your own, refer to the other thread mentioned by Michael above for suggestions.

You provide only POP access or also IMAP?
    At this time only POP access.

Is there any extra (optional) package to get mail domains to be managed by you up to the three free possible?
    If you require actual POP accounts for a domain, you'll need to sign up for any of our standard hosting packages for that domain. Or you could use everyone.net or bigmailbox.com to host the POP accounts.

Dana

Loyal Client
    Nevermind - figured it out.

Loyal Client

Thanks a lot

OK...

First of all thank you. I'm new on aletiaforums but I think really soon you'll have up to three new clients.

I've used NeoMail in my own server (asinkecualo.cjb.net), and now I'm using OpenWebmail (an optimized version of Neomail with built-in POP support and other interesting things -> http://turtle.ee.ncku.edu.tw/openwebmail) which I've translated (and maintain it) to Spanish. If you like Neomail I recommend you to check it.

So, in PHP webmails I use Squirrel, Postaci, and IMP. All of them are very good (I like specially Squirrell). But all of them are IMAP clients.

En fin. Thanks a lot for your hel and your HQ support team.

Byez

Loyal Client

Re: Thanks a lot

En fin. Thanks a lot for your hel and your HQ support team.

Byez
    You are not el único Spanish por aqui :weyes: