Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on dreamweaver and PHP in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I setup Dreamweaver with the php extension to connect to my database through JDBC, but it is not possible to use JDBC with Aletia. I ...

Loyal Client

dreamweaver and PHP

I setup Dreamweaver with the php extension to connect to my database through JDBC, but it is not possible to use JDBC with Aletia. I would like to preview my php pages in dreamweaver and to do so I have to connect to a database. Anyone has an idea to do on how to do this without using this JDBC connection????

Loyal Client
    Where can i get the php extention for DW liek you did and view my pages?? id like to knwo how too...

Loyal Client

PHPakt for you

Yes, it is possible to use PHP server module on dreamweaver. You can download PHPAkt ( it is an Ultradev extension) here.
    Look at documentation in that page for configuration, and ask me if you have any problems.
    The problem is the connection to aletia and for most web hosting companies. To connect to your database on the server you must use JDBC and aletia doesn´t support this, for security and abuse reasons.
    If you have an idea on how to solve this, please let me know.

Loyal Client
    Well im currently on RedHat linux 7.1 so when i format my c drive (windows partition) and get it abck up ill take a look at it =) and do you kwno of any other good extentions for Dreamweaver UltraDev.... Let me know fi ya want to email me =)

Loyal Client

About Dreamweaver

You can check for dreamweaver extensions directly from the page of Macromedia Exchange . Aditionally you can check a resource about Dreamweaver that is very good - dwzone .

Loyal Client
    I sure will once i bott back into win hehe later tongiht thanks

Loyal Client
    http://www.dwzone.com/ just seems to be a cruddy search thingymebob......

The URL is www.dwzone.net.