Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on postcard script not working in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
hi! This week I moved to aletia hosting and I could not make my postcard script work :sick: , the file permissions are ok the ...

Loyal Client

postcard script not working

hi!
    This week I moved to aletia hosting and I could not make my postcard script work :sick: , the file permissions are ok the program locations are ok but still it does not work !

the script shows no error when sending an postcard , it says "the postcard was send..." but I can not send postcard to any of my e-mail accounts. You can test the script here : http://www.mavisite.com/wallpaper_nature.html

and the scripts default.cfg (config file) , an the script is postcard.cgi is here in txt format :

http://www.mavisite.com/default.txt

http://www.mavisite.com/postcard.txt

the script documentation file tells that script automaticaly finds the sendmail location.

thanks !

Loyal Client

Try SMTP

Try using your smtp server. Switch off sendmail by setting the appropriate value to zero and populate the SMTP server with 'localhost'. Does this work?

Loyal Client

not worked

did not woked
    I uncommented smtp option and replace local host to mavisite.com , then I commented the sendmail aption but not helped

Loyal Client
    I am NOT an expert at cgi at all, so sorry if this is a stupid comment.

But I'm wondering where in the configuration file is the path to sendmail? It's kind of strange to me, at least in my experience with cgi and perl, that there's no defined path to the sendmail program.

Sharon

Loyal Client

sendmail

the script finds it , (writes on the documantation file )

Loyal Client
    Best look at your system logs for error messages. Any clues there?

Loyal Client
    Also, enable the script log file and check for clues there:

"Postcard Direct writes an entry in a log file everytime a postcard is sent out (if logging is enabled). The script postcard-log.cgi displays the contents of the log along with summaries to enable you to see which options are being used the most."

Loyal Client
    I found no clue on the logs:bawl:

Loyal Client
    I think that you should disable message queueing for sendmail (option in the script) and see if that works. I suspect that the problem might be related to the switches used for sendmail.

Loyal Client

finnally solved

gakenny , thanks for all your suggestions and help !

Finaly I re-download the orginal script and configured only the required parts of it, you can see an ugly page on thescript , But now it works fine I think the poblem was the form.html which I personalized to suit my site. there maybe I forgot some form field to add or smth about the form.html .

Thanks again !

Loyal Client
    Yes, this could definetly solve the problem. Glad you sorted it out!