Web Hosting Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This is a discussion on Would UK hosting mean faster access time in Europe? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Originally Posted by JPC-Greg They are online, not yet for all the jag products though. By the end of May, (April if we are lucky) ...

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Greg View Post
    They are online, not yet for all the jag products though. By the end of May, (April if we are lucky) we should be able to accommodate a move to a UK server.
    So I'll guess no UK shared hosting this year, right?

I would like to know if the plan still is to offer shared hosting in the UK (or other parts of Europe) or not at all.

Banned
    Hi Guys,

As far as I know we still do not have any plans to offer shared hosting in the UK.

If you'd like to see this happen you might try creating a poll thread in the suggestions and feedback forum. If there is enough demand for it we would likely revisit the issue.

We do offer dedicated servers in the UK under our sister brand so we should be able to set you up with a dedicated server.
    Last edited by JPC-Greg; 01-14-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Sorry , I haven't updated techs or you fine clients yet on this. We are still a few weeks away from offering UK. We have provisioned the colo and just started shipping equipment. I have some UK hosting from a sister company I own however its mostly reseller. With this colo improvement in the UK we will be offering all our services and plans in the UK this year.

I did get UK services back in 2009 but it was still limited to just the other company I have. It was not a good idea to expand it to jaguar considering the problems I had encountered and just recitifed with this newest colo and office. We have people based in the UK. You may have already had a call with some if you've called support lately.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at QA@jaguarpc.com.

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Greg View Post
    Sorry , I haven't updated techs or you fine clients yet on this. We are still a few weeks away from offering UK. We have provisioned the colo and just started shipping equipment. I have some UK hosting from a sister company I own however its mostly reseller. With this colo improvement in the UK we will be offering all our services and plans in the UK this year.
    This is great news, Greg! I just stumbled across this thread after some searches because I'm interested in Europe-based hosting too.

We've been a long-time Jag customer, and recently upgraded to 100 Mbps fiber (symmetric!), so latency and trans-Atlantic bandwidth now actually has an impact on us. We're based out of Paris, so I'd expect that our speeds to your new data center would be good (and better than trans-Atlantic).

Do you have any details? Timing, plans, etc? I'd love to stick with "Jag proper", for your plans and especially the support.

I look forward to this, but one thing I've observed over the years in Europe, including the UK, is that backbone connections vary a lot. No how matter how good the hosting provider might be, some of what's behind him can be a weak link. Far less redundancy than in the US.

Still it's not as bad as Asia!

Banned
    Thanks for everyone's interest. JaguarPC will make an announcement as soon as we know more about the availability and pricing of our UK servers.

Loyal Client
    I looked for the announcement but didn't find anything; I know it's an old thread but did anything come of this? Shared hosting in Europe would be great.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by ShocK View Post
    I looked for the announcement but didn't find anything; I know it's an old thread but did anything come of this? Shared hosting in Europe would be great.
    See my private message.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

Banned
    Hi Shock,
    I am sorry to report that we currently do not have any European location options available through JaguarPC. Future plans are still in the works. Thanks for the inquiry.

Sorry if I'm not holding my breath for this to happen...

Seems like UK datacenter happened at some point, but too late for me. I've moved my stuff to European hosting and closing my account now. Thanks for 13 years of service though, even with some occasional bumps in the road now and then.

Loyal Client
    Well chose the server location near to your location.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2