Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Downloads on your site? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I've been looking for a site host for a few weeks now, and Aletia seems good. I need a host for my shareware company, and ...

Loyal Client

Downloads on your site?

I've been looking for a site host for a few weeks now, and Aletia seems good. I need a host for my shareware company, and download speed is very important to me. Do you have a site on Aletia with downloadable files? I'd like to check out the download speed.

PS feel free to include comments about Aletia in general. Any info helps!

Jelly Tot

Histerical, absolute
    Hey.. well i dont have anything to let you download.. Since i dont have big files..
    BUT i have had a 35 Mb File up there one and someone in america Downloaded it on a t1 in something like 3 - 5 minutes..

if thats any help..

*has a look to see what can be uploaded for Downloadng*
    All opinions are the result of being uninformed, unintelligent and uninterested!

Histerical, absolute
    k im uploading something for you to download to my site.. which will take a minute or two (i only have 512k download and 256 upload im on ADSL)
    All opinions are the result of being uninformed, unintelligent and uninterested!

Histerical, absolute
    Hey Jelly Tot theres a privet msg waiting for you..
    (if you dont know how to get it do this)

go to
    http://www.aletiaforums.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page
    and you will see where to click for it

Loyal Client
    Thanks dude!

Yeah, it's pretty speedy. I owe you one!

Do me a favor and leave it up a day? I want to run the speed test again later. If not, that's cool. You've already helped me out alot!

Jelly Tot

Histerical, absolute
    Kewl Kewl I'll leave it up )

E.Z
    Loyal Client
    Jelly Tot,

Download speeds from Aletia are good, but you can't actually test it. The results you get depend very much on the "distance" between your ISP network and the networks Aletia is connected to.

As far as I can tell from various tests, Aletia is well connected (through their NOC provider) to most major backbones, so performance is very good, but again your milage may vary.

Note that if you plan to set up a busy downloads site it's better if you first arrange with Aletia to have the proper hosting plan.

E.Z