Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on quick help please in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Make sure that the DNS for kingdomofinsanity.com point to ns1.aletia.com and ns2.aletia.com. I don't get where to set up the DNS things. Where do I ...

Loyal Client

quick help please

Make sure that the DNS for kingdomofinsanity.com point to ns1.aletia.com and
    ns2.aletia.com.

I don't get where to set up the DNS things. Where do I go?

Loyal Client

Where did you purchase your domain name from?

If you got it through Aletia, then you just have to wait for it to propogate... I'm sure they have already notified the top level domains (this usually takes 24-48 hours).

If you got the domain name from somewhere else, you will have to get specific instructions on how to make this change from them. For example, we got our domain name from register.com so we had to make the changes on register.com as you pointed out. The support folks at register.com can walk you through it (assuming you got your name registered there).

I hope this helps!

hell no, we won't go!
    as secondwi said, it depends on the register currently your domain name: kingdomofinsanity.com isn't registed according to register.com and stargateinc.com

Feel free to email me or im me or post here with further questions!
    - Colin

I like food.

Loyal Client

it's a

multi-hosted domain I got from aletia, and I signed up with aletia from the start. That was in the email I got, and I don't know what to do about the DNS thingy...

They said it would become www.kingdomofinsanity.com instead of kingdomofinsanity.thebheader.com, but it hasn't yet.

BTW, what's your SN?

Loyal Client
    The price of the domain name is'nt included, Aletia probably configured well the domain on there servers, but you still need to buy the domain itself... you can do it via Aletia, or you can use any other registrar...

The best i think (my opinion) : http://www.gandi.net

Loyal Client

hell no, we won't go!
    I just sent you a PM w/ my SN!!! You do have to register the domain though...I use Stargate, Inc. | w:// http://www.stargateinc.com | $10/domain or $8/each when you buy 2 or more.
    - Colin

I like food.