Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on multi-hosted domains in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Is it possible to remove a multi-hosted domain? I'd like to retain the subdomain, but I've decided to let the domain name that points to ...

Loyal Client

multi-hosted domains

Is it possible to remove a multi-hosted domain? I'd like to retain the subdomain, but I've decided to let the domain name that points to it lapse.

Loyal Client
    Hi,

Just send a message to [email protected]
    An alternative - and a second step to take - would be changing the dns servers at your registrar...

Jorge

Loyal Client
    If you are going to let the domain name lapse you will need to access your site using the ip address. You won't be able to access subdomains for a domain you no longer own.

hell no, we won't go!
    Originally posted by gakenny
    If you are going to let the domain name lapse you will need to access your site using the ip address. You won't be able to access subdomains for a domain you no longer own.
    I believe CeeKay just wants to drop a multi-hosted domain and not his/her main domain.

CeeKay: just email support as jorang said and you will keep the subdomain, but loose the multi-hosted part. Then remember to change the dns for the domain!
    - Colin

I like food.

Loyal Client

DUH!

I can't believe I didn't think of this already. This is probably the simplest solution of all!

Thanks Jorge!

Originally posted by jorang
    Hi,

Just send a message to [email protected]
    An alternative - and a second step to take - would be changing the dns servers at your registrar...

Jorge