Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on questions :) in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
okay, i have some questions. how often is downtime? I couldn't find a percentage on your site how close to the said number is it ...

questions :)

okay, i have some questions.

1. how often is downtime? I couldn't find a percentage on your site
    2. how close to the said number is it in reality? In many case,ws these numbers are false depending upon what server you're on.
    3. how do you, the customer feel? Please, i want BOTH the good and the bad
    4. how stable is this company? I don't want to get hosted to find out 2 days later that the company died and i lost everything
    5. how well is mySQL and PHP here? At other hosts, there are often mySQL restrictions in terms of function, or MySQL is not functional.
    6. how often is it that others use mySQL to the point where there is not any available connections for my site?
    7. how many domains can we have on 1 account? I'm confused about the multiple domains support and domain parking. what about domain pointers? do you offer that?
    8. has anyone ever transferred here? how do you feel about this place?

that appears to be all that my whiny soul wants for now.
    thanks.

Histerical, absolute

Re: questions :)

1. how often is downtime? I couldn't find a percentage on your site
    1. Well there hasnt been much downtime that i know of
      but if i had to put a percentage on it i would prolly say 95% uptime
    2. how close to the said number is it in reality? In many case,ws these numbers are false depending upon what server you're on.
      [/QUOTE]

I Asume you are talking about how many Clients are put on one server.. Well i would say Aletia is telling the truth here from some maths i did after looking at Stingrays Specs and stuff i would say Da server could take a quite a few more People (Stingray is the server i am on)

3. how do you, the customer feel? Please, i want BOTH the good and the bad
    Im EXTREAMLY Happy with Aletiahosting they are Quick with there Support Exspecially when you talk to them over AIM There fantastic about Installing Mods and what not and there always there to help

i have only once had a problem with Aletia and that was when the machine i was one went down a few times when i first signed up i asked them to move me to a new Machine and within 5 Minutes i was on a new Server with a New IP Address and everything was Running Sweetly I Would say that Aletia is Top Notch!!!!!!!!!

3. how stable is this company? I don't want to get hosted to find out 2 days later that the company died and i lost everything
Well.. from what i Gather Aletia is in it for the long haul there not a flybuy night type of company I Dont think someone would invest so much time and Money in support alone and plan to Run out on everyone!

• how well is mySQL and PHP here? At other hosts, there are often mySQL restrictions in terms of function, or MySQL is not functional.
  • PHP Is Good From what i gather.. ( I Use Perl only sometimes i use PHP)

• how often is it that others use mySQL to the point where there is not any available connections for my site?
  • I have never had it ever Not once in the intire time i have been Using MySQP with Aletia

• how many domains can we have on 1 account? I'm confused about the multiple domains support and domain parking. what about domain pointers? do you offer that?
  • Well if you read the Hosting Plan you would have seen that Domain Parking (Pointed to Main Domain) are unlimited

Multi-Hosted Domain Support (Pointed to Subdirectories) you can have three (3) Free after you use up your First three thee Multihosted Domains You have to pay $25 Dollers US a year

Hmm domain Pointers.. I Wouldnt know that..

• has anyone ever transferred here? how do you feel about this place?
  • Damn Fine!!!!!!! better AND Cheaper then my last host (im in Australia and Hosting here is Bloody Expansive 50Mbs space 200Mbs band width for 50 Dollers AU)

So Who Couldnt be happy with aletia

(Hey a new Slogan for Aletia hahaha jk)

Anywho.. i just have a site here im in NO way getting anything outta this exept the satisfaction that i am Proud to be with aletia and More then will to toot that *nods)

Well sorry for me Sucky Spelling I Would blame it on the Spell deprivishtion but i shouldnt blame that couse i cant even Spell it hahaha)
    All opinions are the result of being uninformed, unintelligent and uninterested!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

new question, (to everyone)

have you EVER experienced downtime that was NOT due to a scheduled maintainence or was NOT announced. i know server do reboots now and then for maintainence.

thanks zacrifice for your answer .

hell no, we won't go!
    there was a lot of downtime when their servers were located at a different NOC, but at their present NOC they have had almost no/little unplanned downtime. To be honest it is a little more than I'd like...but it isn't that much. If you want, you can check my domain | w:// http://www.cakdesign.com | with a monitoring service to check on downtime before you signup. I have had a great experiance here and their support is amazing!! If you have any further questions feel free to ask them.
    - Colin

I like food.

E.Z
    Loyal Client
    Clio,

I'm not from Aletia, I'm just another happy customer. I'll try to answer some of your questions.

>> how often is downtime? I couldn't find a percentage on your site

Not often and not a lot. Like trading on the stock ecchange, past data is very interesting but helps little with predicting the future. In other words, even a hoster with a perfect record will suffer downtime at some point. I used to host my very humble site with one of the largest hosters, considered to be one of the best in terms of network. Guess what? They recently had a major downtime, which for some of their customers lasted over 24 hours and even longer if considering mail outage. I don't blame them or anything, and it wasn't the reason I switched to Aletia, but it only shows that it happens. What's important is, can you trust your hoster to do everything they can to keep your site running? With Aletia the answer is Yes.

>> how close to the said number is it in reality? In many case,ws these numbers are false depending upon what server you're on. Not sure which numbers you refer to, but Aletia stand behind every promise they make, so I guess if they do publish an uptime figure then it's correct.

>> how do you, the customer feel? Please, i want BOTH the good and the bad
    The good: Service and Support.
    Read the line above again and again, and this is actually everything you need. Once you decide that the features, price, allocations, etc. suit your needs, you can rest assured Aletia will provide eveything as advertised, and usually better, in an efficient and friendly manner.
    The bad: Yet to be found.

>> how stable is this company? I don't want to get hosted to find out 2 days later that the company died and i lost everything

Refering to the stock market again, just see how many "big" Internet companies toppled, so what kind of indication you want? Aletis seems to do things the right way, so there's no reason why they'll ever fail.
    >> how well is mySQL and PHP here? At other hosts, there are often mySQL restrictions in terms of function, or MySQL is not functional.

At the moment I'm using very little PHP and not at all MySQL, so I can't give you any statistics. I can tell you however that all server software on Aletia is updated to most recent stable versions, which I think is very important.

>> how often is it that others use mySQL to the point where there is not any available connections for my site?
    Sorry, don't know but probably you don't have to worry.

>> how many domains can we have on 1 account? I'm confused about the multiple domains support and domain parking. what about domain pointers? do you offer that?
    Read carefully the plans page - all the information is there, and there's no catch. Domain Parking is unlimited - you can point as many domains to your main page as you want. You can also have different domain names pointing to different sub-directories of your site - first 3 are free and more cost $25/year per domain. You can also have up to 10 sub-domain (xyz.yourdomain.com).

>> has anyone ever transferred here? how do you feel about this place?

I have transferred not too long ago and like the others here I'm really happy with Aletia.

Hope I helped,

E.Z