Web Hosting Forums

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Question: Has a smart person ever contracted Alzheimers, so called ??? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Originally Posted by Vin DSL Dude, God is a spiritual being and the only omnipotent entity in the universe, AFAIK . If you factor in ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    Dude, God is a spiritual being and the only omnipotent entity in the universe, AFAIK.

If you factor in 0Hz as His frequency, in the whole scheme of things, everything works out perfectly!

What would you conjure His frequency to be, heathen?!?!?
    Frequency in Hz measures how many times an event happens in a second. 60Hz = 60 per second. 0Hz means 0 times per second. That's why I don't understand why you would try to measure god in Hz. What exactly are you measuring?

Dear Pawel, please don't be a pretender to reason - not with me!

You know what I'm looking for...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Actually I don't think I do, I guess I'm just too dumb . Maybe you can explain it to me?

all about nothing! Frank Broughton's Avatar
    He just did...

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Vinnie is right, God has a frequency of 0.
    Me, on the other hand, I have frequency all night long.
    Good luck

Then please by all means Frank, educate me. What is that 0Hz measurement for?

The imaginary million dollars that is not sitting on my desk has a weight of 0 oz. That makes just about as much sense.
    Last edited by Pawel Kowalski; 05-26-2009 at 03:46 PM.

He told you, you cannot see it? hmmmmm - and you do not wonder? Enough was even dealt to you via human birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin
    The only thing that didn't make sense was Einstein's time/space components.
    Personally, I found learning to describe relativistic phenonema as geometric operations intensly satisfying. If you don't do special relativity first - which is basically just rotating 4-vectors - it's probably much harder to follow.

Time doesn't exist in the physical realm. It's a gauge for measuring the space between terrestrial events. That's how it started, and that's how it remains!
    That's how general relativity views it. Space and time are just measuring rods and stop watches. Last time I checked anyway. I doubt the current philosophy is any more substantive.

Newton was mostly right - gravity is celestial - he just couldn't piece it together
    Hypotheses non fingo, old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel
    That's why I don't understand why you would try to measure god in Hz.
    Since god (suspending the disbelief) is eternal and immutable he does not change state from bang to crunch or cycle to cycle or ... . He is the ultimate total summation of everything and is always conserved, symmetric under any transformation. He never ticks. He never advances his pointer. He never flips or flops. No frequency.

Daoism's metaphyics basically. And very strongly deterministic. Which pretty much lets us off the hook.

What exactly are you measuring?
    Nothing. The meter can't be measured by its own internal parts.

I guess.

Since god (suspending the disbelief) is eternal and immutable he does not change state from bang to crunch or cycle to cycle or ... . He is the ultimate total summation of everything and is always conserved, symmetric under any transformation. He never ticks. He never advances his pointer. He never flips or flops. No frequency.

Daoism's metaphyics basically. And very strongly deterministic. Which pretty much lets us off the hook.
    Since Vin won't explain his theory I'm glad you're trying (Frank is certainly no help), I appreciate the effort.

The universe and the physics associated with it is something I've always been interested in but never had time to persue (not to mention my math skills have been lacking), so my understanding is limited and maybe that is why I am not really understanding your explaination.

Hz measures how many times something performs an event in a second. Using Hz as a unit of measurement you can measure the frequency of light, sound, electric current, a processor, etc. All of these emit a pulse at a certain frequency. So to say God emits 0 Hz is a bit silly, (how many Hz do I emit?). It's like saying that something that doesn't exist emits 0 Hz, weights 0 lbs and is 0 cm long. All of this is true but it doesn't mean a thing.
    Last edited by Pawel Kowalski; 05-26-2009 at 08:03 PM.

ah, I am helping, you are just missing it....

Frank, sometimes I hope you aren't really being serious and this is just a joke you are playing on me.

I appreciate the effort.
    Who knows how aligned it is with whatever they're talking about.

maybe that is why I am not really understanding your explaination.
    There's the distinct possibility that I'm just spouting bilge-water.

So to say God emits 0 Hz is a bit silly, (how many Hz do I emit?).
    Ah, yes, the language is wrong. That flew under my radar. I understood "God operates at 0 Hz" to be the intention. Perhaps then, the idea is that god is some form of energetic baseline, like absolute zero. At zero degrees, nothing happens, not even time.

It's like saying that something that doesn't exist emits 0 Hz, weights 0 lbs and is 0 cm long.
    Not really. It's like saying if some thing is everything, then questions about its state are meaningless (since its state cannot be measured against anything else - there not being any things which are else) and therefore intval to zero.

I think.

All of this is true but it doesn't mean a thing.
    It's an example of a collection of (non-)statements which have great use in meditative practise but aren't terribly helpful in the realm of language (eg. Jag's forums), mnostly because they're techniques to help you develop non-linguistic models of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank
    ah, I am helping, you are just missing it....
    Be a bit more christian and explicate for us sci-tards, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Kowalski View Post
    Frank, sometimes I hope you aren't really being serious and this is just a joke you are playing on me.
    How about both.... haha

Quote Originally Posted by homoludens View Post
    Be a bit more christian and explicate for us sci-tards, eh?
    Say what? What be a sci-tard?

Ah, yes, the language is wrong. That flew under my radar. I understood "God operates at 0 Hz" to be the intention. Perhaps then, the idea is that god is some form of energetic baseline, like absolute zero. At zero degrees, nothing happens, not even time.
    yeah, but in terms of absolute 0 you can still have matter it just never changes (from what I understand). When you are talking about measuring something in Hz and say it operates at 0Hz it doesn't really make any sense. Because you first have to determine what exactly you are measuring. If you say God produces sound at 0Hz you are saying he produces no sound. If you say he produces light at 0Hz then you are saying he produces no light. It has no practical meaning in physics like absolute 0 does.

But I think I'm trying to be rational with a irrational concept, I give up as my head hurts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast