Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Clamav and Postfix on Plesk VPS in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hello, I was wondering if you could install Clamav antivirus on newly created Plesk VPS.. BTW What version of Plesk are you currently running? ...

Loyal Client

Clamav and Postfix on Plesk VPS

Hello,
    I was wondering if you could install Clamav antivirus on newly created Plesk VPS..
    BTW What version of Plesk are you currently running?

Banned
    Plesk supports Dr.Web Antivirus that you can have installed but it will require Plesk Power Pack to be purchased that is an additional Plesk addon. I would suggest using Plesk provided Antiviurs because this way you will be able to manage it through Plesk too.

We are running the latest Plesk 9.2.1. If you signed up for Plesk and its not 9.2.1, please open a ticket and we will update it to latest release.

Loyal Client
    BTW,
    Do you know if there is a way to enable antispam and delete messages detected as spam automatically in Plesk? Is is very annoying to that one by one... :S

Banned
    By default, spam filter does not delete spam mail, it only adds the "X-Spam-Flag: YES" and "X-Spam-Status: Yes" headers to the message, and "*****SPAM*****" text string to the beginning of Subject line of each message recognized as spam.

Users will be able to set their spam filters so as to automatically delete junk mail if "Allow personal settings" option is checked.