Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on No login info. after more than 36 hours of signing! in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
It had been more than 36 hours after signed up and my credit card was charged (Signed up on Thursday evening) but I did not ...

Loyal Client

Question No login info. after more than 36 hours of signing!

It had been more than 36 hours after signed up and my credit card was charged (Signed up on Thursday evening) but I did not receive any login information yet. You got my money but I did not get the service. Please tell me how serious you guys are? I need your clarification.

Regards,
    tkhsoundpro

We're pretty serious. Your order is on hold pending the setup of the newest hardware node and I apologize for the delay. You should have been notified about this. The new node should be up today and you should be the first client on it.
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Les View Post
    We're pretty serious. Your order is on hold pending the setup of the newest hardware node and I apologize for the delay. You should have been notified about this. The new node should be up today and you should be the first client on it.
    How many more " should be up today" do I have to wait? If the server node not ready then you do not have the right to charge my credit card. (3.04pm PST)

Are you sure they actually charged you? I don't know how JPC operates exactly, but it is commonplace for merchants to authorize a payment (but not actually charge you) as soon as the order is received. This places a hold on a portion of your credit and tells the merchant that the charge will be accepted when they are ready to post it. This gives the merchant assurance that going through the process of fulfilling an order will not be a waste of their time. Although some of your credit line is not available during this time, you are not responsible for any charges until the charge is actually posted, though it is often difficult to differentiate a actual charge from a hold on a lot of credit card companies' websites. If the merchant does not post the charge in a certain amount of time then the hold is dropped and the credit becomes available to you again.

I don't work for JPC, so I can't speak for why your account is taking so long to set up, but I have been a client here for about eight years and I can assure you (for whatever my assurance is worth) that this place is legit. Once you get set up (that always seems to be the thing to do around here) I am sure you will be very happy with your decision. Welcome aboard!

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Are you sure they actually charged you? I don't know how JPC operates exactly, but it is commonplace for merchants to authorize a payment (but not actually charge you) as soon as the order is received. This places a hold on a portion of your credit and tells the merchant that the charge will be accepted when they are ready to post it. This gives the merchant assurance that going through the process of fulfilling an order will not be a waste of their time. Although some of your credit line is not available during this time, you are not responsible for any charges until the charge is actually posted, though it is often difficult to differentiate a actual charge from a hold on a lot of credit card companies' websites. If the merchant does not post the charge in a certain amount of time then the hold is dropped and the credit becomes available to you again.

I don't work for JPC, so I can't speak for why your account is taking so long to set up, but I have been a client here for about eight years and I can assure you (for whatever my assurance is worth) that this place is legit. Once you get set up (that always seems to be the thing to do around here) I am sure you will be very happy with your decision. Welcome aboard!

--Jason
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, my credit card already posted the total amount charged on my recent activity windows. I know merchant can hold the total amount for assurance of service but they cannot actual charge. Charging my credit for more than 72 hours without service may not be right.

Loyal Client

Angry Still no login info after 4 days past.

4 days past after signed up and credit card already charged/posted but still no login info. Please be honest, when or how many more day(s) do I have to wait!

Regards,

Banned
    *clap clap clap* deep in the Heart of Texas
    I apologize for the delay in getting your server setup. This is not normal. We had a new node setup over the weekend, however we had to use it, for an emergency issue for our existing clients.

If you will contact me, [email protected] Attn:Jim

I will make sure that you are compensated for the wait.

Loyal Client
    i got my VPS ready in 30 minute.