Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Getting very frustrated... in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
We've had a JaguarPC Windows VPS for over 6 months now. We're not their typical customers, just one low-volume web application running on Tomcat, and ...

Loyal Client

Getting very frustrated...

We've had a JaguarPC Windows VPS for over 6 months now. We're not their typical customers, just one low-volume web application running on Tomcat, and we need 32-bit windows because our application launches a DOS process.

Somehow, our server developed a glitch where IE wouldn't work an more. After much investigation on the part of JaguarPC tech support and myself, including involving Parallels tech support, it was determined that the only solution was to move us to a different (I hesitate to say "new") server, and leave the broken IE behind.

Unfortunately, the migration was not to the same version of Plesk, so our data backup was not restored. Nor was it to a newer version. It was to an older version (8.2), and the Power Pack (or whatever it is called) that includes Tomcat does not appear to be installed, either.

I hate to whine, but this is coming after several other miscommunications, and it's just frustrating. And whining in a service ticket is counterproductive, as every time you add to the ticket the waiting time resets to 0 and it gets put to the end of the queue for the tech support to work on it. So, I'm whining here.

I thought I had allowed plenty of time (weeks) in requesting they go ahead with the migration, so that we could shake the bugs out of the move before our customers started clamoring for access to the application we are developing. But now I have until Friday to get it all up and configured, as well as making the changes that I had been starting on when we discovered the IE problem on the old server. I could do it if they had restored our backup. Heck, I could even do it if they had just installed the same Plesk features, though I'd have to do much of it from home (this is not my only, or even my main, project at work right now).

Now I'm starting to think if they still have our old server I'd like it back. We can live without IE while they work on preparing another server properly. Plus, I have another idea how we might be able to get IE to work again.

But I don't want to push the ticket to the back of the queue again by adding to it, and opening a new ticket on the same issue is just a bad idea.

Rebeccah

JPC Dream Team
    Rebeccah,

We have upgraded the Plesk version on your new server and installed Tomcat. IE problem also seems to be have resolved. Your support ticket has been updated with all details.
    Awais | Technical Support
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links
    Current Specials | Knowledge Base | Network Status

Loyal Client
    Still waiting on an attempt to restore from my VPS backup. The ticket was last updated at 11am your time.

JPC Dream Team
    Rebeccah,

Your support ticket has been replied.
    Awais | Technical Support
    JaguarPC.com

Helpful Links
    Current Specials | Knowledge Base | Network Status