Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Acceptable Use Policy Question in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
In your Acceptable Use Policy you state: Forum Software: Only one instance of an online forum should be run from a single hosting account (even ...

Loyal Client

Acceptable Use Policy Question

In your Acceptable Use Policy you state:

Forum Software: Only one instance of an online forum should be run from a single hosting account (even those with multi-hosted domains enabled). Forum software supported and recommended include vBulletin and phpBB (mySQL version). Forum software using flat-file databases (e.g. UltimateBB, YaBB, IkonBoard flat-file version) are strongly discouraged and may result in the suspension of the affected account.
    The current version of Ikonboard does not use flat-file but uses DBM. Does this mean that you will or will not allow this version of Ikonboard on Aletia servers? Or are Php/mySql boards the only type allowed?

If you don't allow the Perl/DBM version of IB:
    Ikonboard is coming out with a Perl/mySql supported version soon. Will this version be allowed on Aletia servers?

Sorry, but I'm just trying to get a clarification on this.

Thanks in advance.

hell no, we won't go!

Re: Acceptable Use Policy Question

Originally posted by webseeker
    If you don't allow the Perl/DBM version of IB:
    Ikonboard is coming out with a Perl/mySql supported version soon. Will this version be allowed on Aletia servers?
    From my conversations (a month or 2 ago..so don't hold me to it ) w/ Aletia they do not allow the current Ikonboard...but they will allow the mySQL version. Hopefully an Aletia person can clarify.
    - Colin

I like food.

Loyal Client
    Thanks for the info Dogma, but I would like Aletia staff to confirm this.