Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Considering hosting with JaguarPC in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I have a few questions. First regarding the $4.95 hosting plan. Can it handle a Joomla Website with JomSocial, Jreview, and a blog module. Also ...

Loyal Client

Question Considering hosting with JaguarPC

I have a few questions.

First regarding the $4.95 hosting plan. Can it handle a Joomla Website with JomSocial, Jreview, and a blog module. Also how many concurrent members on the site can it reasonably handle ? There will not be any video or streaming content on the site.

Second. I am hosting 1 domain on another site and will be moving the rest of my domains from 1and1 to the other site soon. Can I point all of my domains to the web hosting package on here ? The plan is for me to eventually drop 1and1.com all together.

Also with regards to the Semi-Dedicated Hosting plan that you offer, about how many visitors can it handle at once ?

Ideally my goal by the end of the first year is to get between 15,000 to 25,000 active members. An active member is defined as visiting the site at least once a week.

Also is the name of my account created based on the first domain that I enter when signing up ? the reason I am asking is that I plan to start working on my domain indiebookclubs.com first but would like to have the login to the cpanel and hosting be set to my other domain askjosh.com

Thank you,

Josh Durben

Banned
    We would advice you to choose the semi dedicated plan, as in shared plans, the jomsocial software require ffmpeg/flvtool modules which are not available on shared plans,
    and reseller plans do not have video modules. You can even set unlimited domains on your semi dedicated plan as addon domains. If you need separate cpanel for all your accounts, you would need to choose the VPS plans. We cannot exactly define the number of visitors possible per plan, but it will all depend on how optimized your scripts are,
    and the resource needed for such softwares to run.

Loyal Client
    Customer Service,

Okay I will have to go with the Semi Dedicated hosting then. Before I sign up for the plan I will shop around a little more to see if I can find a better deal but from what I have seen so far $19 is a fair price for what you are offering.

any chance you might have a coupon or promotion going for the semi dedicated hosting ?

Josh

Banned
    *clap clap clap* deep in the Heart of Texas
    We do not have any coupons currently on the SDX plans. If you will contact me directly though, I will be happy to take care of you.
    [email protected]

Banned
    *clap clap clap* deep in the Heart of Texas
    We do not have any coupons currently on the SDX plans. If you will contact me directly though, I will be happy to take care of you.
    [email protected]

Loyal Client
    okay sent you an email. thank you again for the quick response

JPC Member
    Is Semi Dedicated a good host?Where do I get good reviews on this?