Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on online or SW tool to monitor site uptime in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hello mates As you may know internet traffic depends on several machines between the client and the server. Which online tools or which software could ...

JPC Member

Lightbulb online or SW tool to monitor site uptime

Hello mates

As you may know internet traffic depends on several machines between the client and the server.

Which online tools or which software could I use to test that my web site is up
    (formerly I used "whatsup" from ipswitch to make a ping for a day or a week long)

the challenge is bigger when your have customers all around the world and they report failures,
    which i got no idea if is the hosting, the ISP or someone in the middle.

Thanks a mega

We have a widget that sites on your desktop and watches your server in addition to the server /network status screen here on the client dashboard. There are a lot of free monitoring scripts at hotscripts you can try too. We are developing a few new things to help resellers and our clients with monitoring that won't be ready until fall. Some of them are part of the new client dhasboard being developed, an offsite monitoring site free for our clients with tools you can embed into your site, forum sig, just about anywhere, and new desktop app that gets you access to monitoring tools and parts of the client dashboard without having to go to our site.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by ddi_host View Post
    Hello mates

As you may know internet traffic depends on several machines between the client and the server.

Which online tools or which software could I use to test that my web site is up
    (formerly I used "whatsup" from ipswitch to make a ping for a day or a week long)

the challenge is bigger when your have customers all around the world and they report failures,
    which i got no idea if is the hosting, the ISP or someone in the middle.

Thanks a mega

Hello:

I think the best tool online today is pingdom : http://www.pingdom.com

You can get a free account that lets you monitor one website and includes 20 SMS alerts

Info:

Uptime and performance monitoring made easy, Be the first to know when your website is down.

Get downtime alerts. Get troubleshooting help. Get uptime & performance reports.

Uptime reports
    Response time reports
    Email, text & twitter alerts
    Multiple check locations
    Error analysis
    Public and email reports

Kind regards

Jose