Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you guys serious? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I recommended a client to use your service and he's called you guys twice to get his account activated (which is odd that most other ...

JPC Member

Thumbs down Are you guys serious?

I recommended a client to use your service and he's called you guys twice to get his account activated (which is odd that most other companies activate instantly) and a form was suppose to be sent to him and nothing ever showed up. I chatted with customer service and the conversation got ended before I could respond. My client is frustrated and I'm frustrated now.

Order ID: 34783

Also, FYI, the "You can check the status of your order at the following link" on the welcome email doesn't even work (you guys make me nervous but I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikspand View Post
    I chatted with customer service and the conversation got ended before I could respond.
    WoW!

What did you "say" to piss them off?!?!? LoL!

You seem like such a special person...

Do they know who you are?
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

JPC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post
    WoW!

What did you "say" to piss them off?!?!? LoL!

You seem like such a special person...

Do they know who you are?
    I didn't say anything to piss anyone off; I just asked what was going on and gave her the order #... I was on the phone with a client (same one that placed the hosting order) and I guess I didn't respond fast enough for her and she disconnected (I took a screenshot) - I find it funny that 3 minutes past and she didn't have enough patience to keep the chat open.

Oh, okay.

I thought you might have typed, "Are you $#@! serious?", or whatever, and she gave you the one-finger salute.

I've tried to use "chat", so called, at other places. I'm not a touch typist. And, while I'm pecking away at the keyboard, I'll see, "agent is away", "agent is back", "agent is away", blah, blah, blah. And, if I take too long to respond, I get disconnected.

So, I gave up on "chat" a long time ago.

Truthfully, I have the same problem when "chatting" with friends on IM.

Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into it. For all we know, the "chat" software might be an automated process, bouncing the representative back n' forth between discussions, and automatically timing out after a certain period of inactivity.

I would imagine it's smart enough to see when you're typing, but I doubt that it knows when you're talking with a client, on the phone, in the background.

Matter of fact, I think I'll go check it out. I've never investigated "chat" software.

Maybe, if I understood the underpinnings, e.g. the parameters, I'd be willing to try it again...

EDIT

Hrm...

I *think* I found it - judging by the Live Support Logo - and inspecting the elements in their code.

Linkage: http://www.phplivesupport.com/features.php

Heh! I'm glad you started this thread. Maybe I'll add it to my production site, and "hang up" on malcontents.
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 08-20-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Aha! Just as I suspected.

Features and automated customizations up the ying yang, including...

I guess the trick is to tap your keyboard, every so often, so they think you're still there.

JPC Member
    So you would disconnect with a potential-client/client on chat if you asked them a question and they didn't respond in 3 minutes? I would just leave the window open and be patient.

I type pretty fast (80wpm), but I was on the phone and since she was taking a little while herself to respond!

Bottom line is this post is 18 hours old and not one representative has responded with a comment.

A couple of things...

This forum is (basically) for clients use. Someone official will respond sooner or later - they always do.

If I owned this place, I wouldn't want Tech Support hanging out in the forums, farting around with the clients. I'd want them manning the ticket system, and solving problems. They can't help you anyway, with Sales.

As far as the Sales Department is concerned, nothing good happens here on weekends, unless it's a low-end, cookie-cutter site. I'm remiss to totally understand this, but it is what it is.

I know a lot of new orders require custom configurations, specialized setups, hand-holding, data transfers, and so forth, and so on, and I (personally) wouldn't some weekend nitwit handling this stuff.

And, I'm not trying to slight JagPC. I love this place.

If you had placed the order on Monday morning at 9:00 AM CST, I'm sure the experience would have been totally different.

Not your fault, or theirs. Just a case of bad timing, I would judge.

JPC Dream Team
    Hi,
    Sorry for the delay and inconvenience surrounding this order, I sent the necessary form to the client. Sometimes this form can be avoided if the client contacts us and provides an explanation for the order discrepancy. Feel free to email us with any questions.
    Kind regards.
    Ross P
    Customer Service Representative

How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

JPC Member
    Ross, it seems my client asked me if the form was a joke... so I think we'll pass on your service as he said "Jaguar PC is a COMPLETE waste of time ran by MORONS"- his words not mine.
    Honestly... credit card fraud to a person who's email address was @hisfullname.com - really? Oh well, can't win them all.

Banned
    *clap clap clap* deep in the Heart of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikspand View Post
    Ross, it seems my client asked me if the form was a joke... so I think we'll pass on your service as he said "Jaguar PC is a COMPLETE waste of time ran by MORONS"- his words not mine.
    Honestly... credit card fraud to a person who's email address was @hisfullname.com - really? Oh well, can't win them all.
    I apologize for this. The IP that this person used to signup from showed as being from Phoenix, which does not match the billing address. However the CSR rep, did not follow what he has been taught to do, and verify the IP through another source. I have verified the IP, is ok.

If you will have the person contact me directly, I would like to work out something with them. And get them setup. [email protected]

The CSR reps have been reminded this morning, to follow procedure and not let this happen again.

JPC Member
    Hello Jim, I understand the IP issue (if I'm not mistaken he was using an air card), but the whole process of dealing with a CSR rep and not having it taken care of the issue was his biggest gripe. He already got another host for his website so nothing I can do at this point. I'll continue to use you as I've already referred one client and so far I can't complain at all (and in all honesty, admitting a mistake happened puts more faith into using JaguarPC - live and learn).

Banned
    *clap clap clap* deep in the Heart of Texas
    Please let him know, that if things do not work out with his new host, to contact me directly. I will take care of him, and try to make up for the mistake.

JPC Member
    This is really happening. What do we need to know to prevent this?

Such a shame people are so critical of a company actually stepping up and doing the right thing. I applaud JaguarPC for taking the extra steps to prevent credit card fraud. If they didn't, and it was fraud, you would have the same person complaining that they didn't have proper security.

Just like when you go through the airport, the people that complain about being searched and through all the security points. I would much rather a company take extra steps to prevent fraud, and prevent identity theft, then one that doesn't do anything.

As far as having a domain with his whole name, that doesn't mean anything. I can create a domain in someone's name too, does that mean I didn't steal their credit card? Nope.

Anyhow, I think JaguarPC does a great job with making sure there is no fraud, and also making sure our information is protected.

Thanks Jag!

I think your airport analogy is flawed. The hugely restrictive security at airports in most countries these days is pure theatre. Ineffective, a sop to politicians, and of little use in addressing terrorism.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast