Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Considering Hybrid Server in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
To save costs, my company is considering moving from a dedicated server at another provider to a jaguarpc.com Hybrid Server. The technical aspects will meet ...

Considering Hybrid Server

To save costs, my company is considering moving from a dedicated server at another provider to a jaguarpc.com Hybrid Server. The technical aspects will meet our needs. I'm writing to see if any current users would be willing to share their experience re: 1.) Actual performance of Hybrid Servers (load levels, for example); 2.) Support, especially the technical capabilities of the first responders; 3.) Network reliability and performance at the Atlanta Datacenter. Thanks in advance.

Hi Kirkvan,
    Welcome. I don't have a Hybrid server, yet, but I do have a VPS server with Jag. I can tell you first hand that my experience with performance, quality, and support has been the best I ever experienced.

My VPS server experience has been superior to any other service I had before, so I can only imagine that the Hybrid would be even better.

The owner, and support people are down to earth, truly caring people that have gone above and beyond for me on more then one occasion.

You can go with so many big box hosting providers, but to them, you are just a number, and nobody cares. I know, cause I experienced that first hand from another hosting company.

When I came to Jag, I was treated like a person, by people who knew me, what I needed and they cared! That is something you cannot put a price tag on!

In all Honesty, I would never recommend anyone else but JaguarPc. I wish you the best my friend. If you have any questions or need help, just let me know.

JPC Senior Member
    Hello,
    Our Hybrid servers are essentially large VPS's. The biggest difference is they are a much lower user ratio per node than what our normal VPS packages are. We only put 4 hybrid servers on one node while still using the same enterprise hardware we use for our standard VPS packages. This has some obvious benefits, such as lower user ratio for CPU usage, more disk space, more RAM and faster network speeds.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact myself, or any other member of our team and we'll be glad to help you.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]James G
    Customer Service Representative
    Follow Me On Twitter - [url]http://twitter.com/JPCJamesG[/url]

JaguarPC - [url]http://www.jaguarpc.com[/url][/COLOR]

@gohighvoltage, thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Really good to hear the positive report. Personal service is important to me, too.

@JPC-JamesG, I appreciate the clarification. Do I understand correctly that your Hybrid Servers are available only in Atlanta? Via chat, Ross P. promised to email me regarding availability. Waiting to hear back.

Anyone else care to share?

JPC Dream Team
    Hi kirkvan,
    Yes they are only available in Atlanta right now unfortunately. If you place an order, then you'll be in the queue for a spot on our new node. I can email you when the new node is put online, but if we have several paid clients in the queue, they will be given priority.

Once we have a hybrid node in LA, you are free to move there at anytime.
    Last edited by JPC-Ross; 10-16-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: typo
    Ross P
    Customer Service Representative

How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

@JPC-Ross, thanks for your reply, and understood.

Regarding my original request for information, might anyone else care to share their experiences and/or opinions?

Hey Kirkvan!

Let us know what you decide. I may upgrade to a hybrid, not cause I need it, but because I am a "techy" and like trying out new things, performance, etc. Heck, you may be ok with just a regular VPS. My VPS has never had any performance issues, or problems. I have multiple client domains, and my own, a forum, directory, etc. All good experience and no issues.

Good Luck my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkvan View Post
    Regarding my original request for information, might anyone else care to share their experiences and/or opinions?
    Only got a minute, then I need to run...

Let me just post a screenie, then make up your own mind.

(Click image to expand)

What are you looking at?

Code:
    Current Time: Saturday, 22-Oct-2011 04:58:52 EDT
    Restart Time: Saturday, 03-Jul-2010 21:20:50 EDT
    Parent Server Generation: 6210
    Server uptime: 475 days 7 hours 38 minutes 1 second
    Total accesses: 21347748 - Total Traffic: 44.1 GB
    CPU Usage: u25.4 s5.17 cu1667.63 cs0 - .00414% CPU load
    .52 requests/sec - 1153 B/second - 2219 B/request
    10 requests currently being processed, 7 idle workers
    Sorta says it all, doesn't it?

Not really. It doesn't show you that my sites have been known to kill JagPC super servers with excessive traffic, e.g. hogging all the connections.

Truthfully, I've killed every server I've been on here, expect Hybrid 100. This $!#* thing is indefatigable!

If you can kill a Hybrid, you're a better man than me.

BTW, I think they had to reboot the server in July 2010 because of a kernel update, otherwise the uptime would be twice that amount, or more.

As far as Tech Support goes, I haven't used them in years. Nothing ever goes wrong. Sh!t in the old days I talked to them all the time, because my neighbors were complaining about me causing 100+ server load spikes. Not now. I feel like the Maytag repairman. LoL!

Anyway, this is THE place, IMO. And, you can't go wrong with the Hybrid package.

If you need more than that level of service, they got that too. One stop shopping here, my man.

Okay, gotta go. BBL
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 10-22-2011 at 03:29 AM. Reason: typo
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

VIN DSL! YOu are funny! "indefatigable", I had to google that one. HAHAHAHA! Awesome to hear. You are like me, I have had zero issues and super reliable service. Any issues I did have were self inflicted by me, LOL, and support fixed them extremely fast.

I am amazed!

Thanks!

Banned
    Thank you for all the positive responses regarding the reliability of Jaguarpc services. It is refreshing to know that our hard work behind the scenes does not go without notice. Our ultimate goal is the satisfaction of our clients.

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Sabrina View Post
    Our ultimate goal is the satisfaction of our clients.
    Really?!?!? What did you have in mind?

Whenever my wife tells me that, I know I'm headed for 2 days of purgation, followed by a day or two of reckoning.

Goes like this, "Oh, honey! I love you so much, I could eat you with a spoon. Come home to me, tonight. I don't know what I would do without you."

Three days later, "Listen, you bastard! I got along without you for years. I didn't need you then, and I don't need you now. Go ahead. Fall asleep, and I'll stick a knife in your chest!"

I love women! One day they want to kiss you - the next day they want to kill you.

Keeps you on your toes, I suppose.

Anyway, you're welcome, JPC-Sabrina.

Please don't mind me, though, if I sleep with one eye open... LoL!
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Hey kirkvan,

did you get a hybrid? If you did, I am jealous! LOL. Let us know how you made out bud!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin DSL View Post

Please don't mind me, though, if I sleep with one eye open... LoL!
    Ahahahaha! Beware, we are stealthy like ninjas.

JPC Member
    We were seriously considering moving to a Hybrid Server here, but I'm a bit concerned now since sales can't even bother to answer the phone after 10 attempts.

Banned
    Our sales phones open at 9.am. central standard time. If you call during off hours the message system will pick up instead. Our sales lines are now open to assist you with your order.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast