Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on SSL Cert Installation on VPS hosting account in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I'm needing SSL Cert installation for a client of mine. Just wondering seeing as I need a dedicated IP what would be the correct procedure ...

Loyal Client

SSL Cert Installation on VPS hosting account

I'm needing SSL Cert installation for a client of mine. Just wondering seeing as I need a dedicated IP what would be the correct procedure to follow. Does one submit a support ticket? To what level support should the ticket be addressed - I'm assuming Level 3 - does Jaguar PC charge for the installation service and if so how much? I know that there will probably will be a fee for the additional IP

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by mommaroodles View Post
    I'm needing SSL Cert installation for a client of mine. Just wondering seeing as I need a dedicated IP what would be the correct procedure to follow. Does one submit a support ticket? To what level support should the ticket be addressed - I'm assuming Level 3 - does Jaguar PC charge for the installation service and if so how much? I know that there will probably will be a fee for the additional IP
    You would submit it to the customer service department. There is no charge if you buy the SSL certificate from us. There would be a fee for the additional IP address and the CSR will outline that for you.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected]

Loyal Client
    thanks for the reply Zach, I submitted the ticket via the support desk, I noticed the option to choose Customer Service Department isnt there - I chose the level 3 - but see that it defaults to Level 1 Support anyway. I have the CSR generated and have downloaded the cert from Godaddy - this is not a new cert - its a renewal of an existing cert.

Loyal Client
    What control panel software are you using? You should be able to install the SSL yourself.

BTW, you probably received more than one IP when you got your VPS (we received 3). If you configure one IP as 'dedicated' and assign the domain that needs the SSL to that IP you'll meet the dedicated IP requirement.

Loyal Client
    I did receive 3 - 1 is being used for the VPS and the other 2 for custom/private nameservers. I submitted a ticket to support yesterday shortly after posting here and I'm still waiting for a reply - 16hrs later!!!

JPC Dream Team
    Hello,
    Sorry for the delay, I have your ticket claimed now and I will reply shortly.
    Kind regards.
    Ross P
    Customer Service Representative

How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Ross View Post
    Hello,
    Sorry for the delay, I have your ticket claimed now and I will reply shortly.
    Kind regards.
    Thank You.