Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on New account by the weekend? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I applied for an account last Friday and got the email stating that it would be 24-48 hours not including weekends to get it set ...

JPC Member

New account by the weekend?

I applied for an account last Friday and got the email stating that it would be 24-48 hours not including weekends to get it set up. Wednesday I had heard nothing and the account was still Pending so sent a message.
    It would seem from the email in reply that the problem was that my IP address is not the same email country as the billing address which from a few other posts here seems to be a problem that others have had as well.

I responded to the nearly 5 hours ago and I can understand totally that there is a time difference and you may not have sales staff working at this time. However, can someone please let me know if this account will be set up and usable by the weekend so that I can transfer my sites? If it is not possible then I will get set up elsewhere tonight or tomorrow.

As others have posted here with the same problem may I suggest that should your sales staff have a problem with IP addresses being "wrong" they contact the person involved rather than waiting for the prospective customer to get in contact, in my case had I known I would have been in contact 2 days earlier and could have had a couple of the sites moved by now.

If it helps my order is 36922

Banned
    I am going to look into this personally and I should have some information for you in the next hour. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Banned
    *clap clap clap* deep in the Heart of Texas
    Could you please explain why the IP comes from a country, other than the country listed in the billing address.

JPC Member
    Thanks Sabrina.

Hi Jim, as I explained in my email reply I have homes in both countries. I also have sites registered to addresses in both countries so I put my billing address as the one that relates to the account payment will come from.

Banned
    I have looked at your order. It has not been processed because certain items in our verification process failed to match. We are responding to you via our support ticket system considering the sensitive nature of the necessary information that is required to process your order. Thank for your patience. Your issue will be resolved shortly.

JPC Member
    Thank you, I will keep checking my emails so we can hopefully get this resolved quickly.

JPC Senior Member
    Firstly, let me thank you for choosing JaguarPC for your hosting needs. I know you will be very satisfied with our service and support.

I just want to let you know that we have very tough screening process for new orders and sometimes, it can cause problems, but only on rare occasions. We aim to process legitimate orders and weed out the fraudulant ones that could potentially cause risks to our clients, equipment and ourselves.

I hope you understand the process that we take to ensure the maximum security of your account and all our clients also. I appreciate you choosing JaguarPC and we will be in touch to ask for further verification fi neccessary.

If you have any quetions, please dont hesitate to post back here.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]James G
    Customer Service Representative
    Follow Me On Twitter - [url]http://twitter.com/JPCJamesG[/url]

JaguarPC - [url]http://www.jaguarpc.com[/url][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by calaf View Post
    Thanks Sabrina.

Hi Jim, as I explained in my email reply I have homes in both countries. I also have sites registered to addresses in both countries so I put my billing address as the one that relates to the account payment will come from.
    This is really odd. Addresses in two different countries, but you want it billed to the address of the country your not seeking the service? Due to the huge amount of fraud on the internet, not too many companies would approve such a transaction.
    Last edited by gohighvoltage; 12-01-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gohighvoltage View Post
    This is really odd. Addresses in two different countries, but you want it billed to the address of the country your not seeking the service? Due to the huge amount of fraud on the internet, not too many companies would approve such a transaction.
    I am assuming he/she is across the pond, any more alot of the EU is like the states, would you think it is odd for someone to have a billing address in one state, but order service from another state. People often forget just how big the USA is, most states have more land mass than most of the individual nations in the EU, and many states have GDP's larger than any 1 nation in the EU, the GDP of all EU Nations is 16 Trillion, the GDP of the USA is 14 Trillion, so.....

If that is the case my IP address comes up as being listed in Ohio (plays hell with google) but I am actually on the west side of the state of Indiana. So if JPC where to state check any orders coming from me I would probably be flagged

GeoIP is not 100% in the first place, far far far from it. That said, I am glad they do fraud checks.
    Last edited by the_ancient; 12-01-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    -------------------------
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

Quote Originally Posted by the_ancient View Post
    I am assuming he/she is across the pond, any more alot of the EU is like the states, would you think it is odd for someone to have a billing address in one state, but order service from another state. People often forget just how big the USA is, most states have more land mass than most of the individual nations in the EU, and many states have GDP's larger than any 1 nation in the EU, the GDP of all EU Nations is 16 Trillion, the GDP of the USA is 14 Trillion, so.....

If that is the case my IP address comes up as being listed in Ohio (plays hell with google) but I am actually on the west side of the state of Indiana. So if JPC where to state check any orders coming from me I would probably be flagged

GeoIP is not 100% in the first place, far far far from it. That said, I am glad they do fraud checks.
    Hey Ancient, you are right my man, I would not think that having two addresses in two different states is a big deal. You make a great point. I guess when you say "countries" it seems crazy.

Although, I don't blame companies for doing extremely close checks to prevent fraud. I have had to replace my discover card like 3 times in the last year because thieves keep getting account numbers somehow (probably inside job at discover). They go on sites like newegg, buy a bunch of stuff and have it shipped to new york, or california, etc, not even close to where my billing address is, and THE VENDOR SHIPS THE STUFF!!! They should check first if the billing address is different then the shipping address I would think. Aghhhh!

JPC Senior Member
    Hi Guys,
    We do have very strict fraud checks in place for orders, and yes your right, if the iP does not match closely at all, we will contact you regardiing why this is. We know that in a lot of cases, GeoIP is not accurate, but in a lot of cases, it is accurate to the same state, area, county, province and country. GeoIP is just one of the methods of fraud checking we use here at JPC. I am not going to go into details as to what we do to verify things as making that kind of inofmration public would give fraudulant users the edge, but Geo IP checking is just the tip of the iceburg.

You would be suprised how many orders come in with an addres in another country and how many of those are actually valid orders. A lot of people stationed overseas make orders and sometimes friends and family make orders on their behalf or even companies that have offices in different parts of the word, so there are many many valid reasons as to why somebody would have requtested as such above. Yes, you are correct, it does raise a red flag, but if the reasons they give are genuine and even better if there is proof that can be faxed in, then there is nothing anybody needs to worry about.

I hope you find this information informative and useful. As always, i'm happy to talk to individuals regarding specific cases, you just need to PM me or email james(at)jaguarpc.com.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]James G
    Customer Service Representative
    Follow Me On Twitter - [url]http://twitter.com/JPCJamesG[/url]

JaguarPC - [url]http://www.jaguarpc.com[/url][/COLOR]

I've had addresses in two different countries in the past, and run into this issue often. It's quite a realistic fraud check, and the credit / charge card companies are pretty good at it. Last year I had a phone call from Amex "are you in Hong Kong at the moment?" "No". "OK, we have a likely fraudulent transaction on your card, we'll cancel it, deny the charge and send you a new card". Easy and efficient.

Similarly, from my Visa issuing bank last month "Are you in the US at the moment?" "No". "OK, we have some Walgrens transactions on your card, blah, ditto, blah, ditto".

That's why when I travel I always notify my credit / charge card issuers with my plans. Amex are good, they make intelligent decisions based on my purchase of airline tickets. But I had a transaction declined the other day when renewing a European domain name. A phone call made it right.

The measure of a company such as JPC is how well it responds to such an issue by trying to contact the potential customer to establish veracity.

JPC Member
    I have the same problems here, I signuped for an account with a 1 month vps hosting with a $5 cpanel, total $24. However, I wait more than a week and there is nothing changed. I try to contact a support, and they said the billing group should be verify the order, then after another week, the order was been canceled automatically.

Master, you should change another way to auto-setting.

Thanks!

Banned
    Hi doonn,

It sounds like your account may have been caught up in our fraud check system. Our billing department will need some additional information in order to verify your form of payment. You can contact our billing department or open up a chat and then you will be able to get things rolling again. It could be for another reason but what you are describing is most likely a billing verification issue.

The measure of a company such as JPC is how well it responds to such an issue by trying to contact the potential customer to establish veracity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast