Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Reminder -- Get your 100W Light Bulbs before it is too late in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
100 Watt Light Bulbs will be banned in Jan 2012, Just 1 month from now. Buy them while you still can ...

Reminder -- Get your 100W Light Bulbs before it is too late

100 Watt Light Bulbs will be banned in Jan 2012, Just 1 month from now.

Buy them while you still can

-------------------------
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

Banned
    I switched to 100% fluorescent lighting a few years ago. The energy savings is enormous. I use full spectrum when I need that bright, bright light. Full spectrum also seems to keep me working late into the night. I get out the big flashlight when I have to look into those dark corners.

Fortunately, I can still buy incandescent globes. The whole 'green' fluorescent movement is a colossal fraud. Incandescent globes used to last for years, even decades. Fluorescents start dimming after a couple of years, then fail. So you have to buy more of them. They come from Chinese factories where the workers are dying of mercury poisoning. They pollute with mercury when disposed of, and if one breaks in your house you have a real pollution problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell thorpe View Post
    Fortunately, I can still buy incandescent globes. The whole 'green' fluorescent movement is a colossal fraud. Incandescent globes used to last for years, even decades. Fluorescents start dimming after a couple of years, then fail. So you have to buy more of them. They come from Chinese factories where the workers are dying of mercury poisoning. They pollute with mercury when disposed of, and if one breaks in your house you have a real pollution problem.
    Yes I can not wait until all the Fresh Water Aquifers are polluted with high levels of mercury from these terrible excuses called CFL's

That will be a big win for the tree huggers
    -------------------------
    the_ancient
    MP Technology Group

Quote Originally Posted by the_ancient View Post
    100 Watt Light Bulbs will be banned in Jan 2012, Just 1 month from now.

Buy them while you still can [...]
    Pffft...

Just buy them from Mexico - the same place you get your pot.

DURO DE MÉXICO S.A. de C.V.

10-1000 Watts...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL © 2010

Ron
    Loyal Client
    OMG! I can see it now, Border Patrol Agents chasing down bandidos Plugging 100 watt pound backpacks
    Good luck

Err, pot around these parts just comes from the local forest. But as best I can tell there are no light globes there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    OMG! I can see it now, Border Patrol Agents chasing down bandidos Plugging 100 watt pound backpacks
    You can buy R-12 Freon down there, toilets that actually work, and everything else.

American environmental laws don't mean jack.

If you'll pardon the pun, it's just blue sky thinking on their part.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

Err, pot around these parts just comes from the local forest. But as best I can tell there are no light globes there.
    Yeah, we got 'em here too. Vietnam vets planted them originally, and illegal aliens tend them. They got tunnels, and the whole 9 yards...

Gotta be careful where you go, behind my house. If you catch them in the act of harvesting, they'll kill you. And, the whole damn mountain is booby-trapped with tripwires and hand-grenades. LoL!

EXAMPLE ARTICLE: Cannabis Cultivation | Currents Feature | Tucson Weekly

Even our public lands are being hit, especially in the Tonto National Forest around Payson, 90 miles northeast of Phoenix.

Between 2006 and 2008, the Gila County Narcotics Task Force took down 43 pot farms, eradicating 82,904 marijuana plants, says Task Force commander Johnny Sanchez. All but a handful were on Tonto land.[...]

In September 2005, bear hunters approached a pot farm along Deer Creek, in the Mazatzal Wilderness, and were fired upon by cartel guards. The hunters returned fire and retreated to notify police.

The following year, a Forest Service tactical team raided a site in the same area and took fire from a guard carrying a semiautomatic rifle. Two men were arrested, and one escaped. The rifleman, a Mexican national who was shot in the abdomen, was eventually sentenced to 18 years in prison.

The investigator worries about possible encounters in which ordinary Americans trying to enjoy the outdoors could accidentally walk into trouble.

"If you're a hiker or a hunter carrying a gun, and you stumble into one of these areas, and they mistake you for somebody else, shooting can easily erupt," says the investigator. "I wish I could tell you it's not dangerous, but I can't."

In 2007, officers found a grow site a mile and a half from a Boy Scout camp 12 miles north of Payson. A Scout leader out hiking spotted the marijuana and notified police.[...]

Task Force Commander Sanchez, who has worked narcotics enforcement for 20 years, expects the problem to eventually "spill over" onto the San Carlos and White Mountain Apache reservations, as well as other reservations well beyond the Tonto.

"I don't think this will slow down," he says. "We're not winning the war on drugs, I can tell you that."
    I always take an AK-47 (with a 75-round drum) out there with me...
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 12-04-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: addendum

Ron
    Loyal Client
    I'd take something high powered and really accurate.
    Good luck

I'd take something high powered and really accurate.
    Got one of those, too -- .270 Winchester -- kill anything in North America, including your eardrums. LoL!

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Lol good video, for about 42 reasons!

Ok, I'd bring something high powered, very accurate and semi automatic.

Or her. :-)
    Good luck

Lol good video, for about 42 reasons!

Ok, I'd bring something high powered, very accurate and semi automatic.

Or her. :-)
    If you like that... you'll love this! LoL!

Nearly 100% Pure Carbon thecoalman's Avatar
    They pollute with mercury when disposed of, and if one breaks in your house you have a real pollution problem.
    Mercury evaporates and enters the atmosphere. In a worst case scenario where every CFL was broken and the mercury made it into the atmosphere it would still be less mercury than would have been emitted if you were using incandescent because they use more power.

Having said that I don't need big brother telling what type of lighting to use. I've used CFL's for at least 5 years now because they cost less in the long run. Where I don't use them is outside because I live in a cold weather climate for the winter, by the time they heat up it's usually time to turn the damn light off.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Are you suggesting that burning coal and/or oil releases that tremendous amount of mercury into the environment?
    Good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast