Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Deaf newbie seeking VPS and has questions in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Greeting, Allow me short intro myself first; first of all, my apologize for my rough English, technically my first language is ASL (American Sign Language). ...

Loyal Client

Deaf newbie seeking VPS and has questions

Greeting,

Allow me short intro myself first; first of all, my apologize for my rough English, technically my first language is ASL (American Sign Language). I'm fully deaf and total newbie who looking for managed VPS for my simple needs is;

Learn how to use Linux command-line and/or maybe someday I plan start my own online business in future. Due I'm newbie to VPS, I'm looking for managed VPS, I find JaguarPC from WHT forum. I prefer VPS over Reseller because I like having more control and I aware JaguarPC has sister company called Resellerzoom (I hope I'm correct though)

I'm currently researching to find right host for me.

Nice to meet all of you and have a wonderful day!

Thanks for your time to read my post,
    Ray S.

JPC Senior Member
    Hey there!
    Welcome to the forums.

I understand your needs and I think that if your serious about learning linux command line and want that extra control over a reseller account, then a VPS is the right way to go about it.

Let me first explain the managed services. They are only for control panels such as WHM / cPanel, Plesk and DirectAdmin. I would advise that you go for a VPS with the WHM / cPanel user interface. It is very powerful and you can always use SSH (command line) if you prefer. It is highly configurable and our team here at JaguarPC is very skilled with WHM / cPanel.

The managed servec will cover you for any control panel updates, support and basic management. It also covers OS updates and support too.

There are many many great tutorials out there for newbies to help you learn Linux. I personally suggest the following for you:

VPS Plus ($19 per month) 25Gb Disk, 512Mb RAM, 3000Gb Bandwidth
    cPanel Manged addon ($7 per month)
    Total $26 per month

You can always upgrade at any time should you need to and we have no long term contracts, so if you found it was not right for you, cancel at any time.

Were here to support and help you, so dont be afraid to ask any questions you have. Our staff from Custmoer Service, Level 1 - 3 right through to Management will be gald to assist you any time.

I'll be glad to take care of you order or any other questions you have. You can reach out to me personally at [email protected] pm me here or follow me on Twitter James G - CSR (@JPCJamesG) on Twitter

Once again, thanks for considering JaguarPC and we look forward to serving you.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]James G
    Customer Service Representative
    Follow Me On Twitter - [url]http://twitter.com/JPCJamesG[/url]

JaguarPC - [url]http://www.jaguarpc.com[/url][/COLOR]

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-JamesG View Post
    Hey there!
    Welcome to the forums.

I understand your needs and I think that if your serious about learning linux command line and want that extra control over a reseller account, then a VPS is the right way to go about it.

Let me first explain the managed services. They are only for control panels such as WHM / cPanel, Plesk and DirectAdmin. I would advise that you go for a VPS with the WHM / cPanel user interface. It is very powerful and you can always use SSH (command line) if you prefer. It is highly configurable and our team here at JaguarPC is very skilled with WHM / cPanel.

The managed servec will cover you for any control panel updates, support and basic management. It also covers OS updates and support too.

There are many many great tutorials out there for newbies to help you learn Linux. I personally suggest the following for you:

VPS Plus ($19 per month) 25Gb Disk, 512Mb RAM, 3000Gb Bandwidth
    cPanel Manged addon ($7 per month)
    Total $26 per month

You can always upgrade at any time should you need to and we have no long term contracts, so if you found it was not right for you, cancel at any time.

Were here to support and help you, so dont be afraid to ask any questions you have. Our staff from Custmoer Service, Level 1 - 3 right through to Management will be gald to assist you any time.

I'll be glad to take care of you order or any other questions you have. You can reach out to me personally at [email protected] pm me here or follow me on Twitter James G - CSR (@JPCJamesG) on Twitter

Once again, thanks for considering JaguarPC and we look forward to serving you.
    Hey James,

I want to say Thanks for your time to reply of my post. yes I understand and know about cPanel, also I understand cPanel is required for your managed service due to easy to use for anyone, plus cPanel like to eat lots of RAM. Thanks for your suggestion.

Hope you have good week!
    Thanks again,
    Ray S.

Banned
    Raysonic we will be happy to have you as a new client. We have VPS plans to suit all needs from the novice to the advanced user. You can follow the link below to see some recent comments from others who have selected JaguarPC as their new hosting provide.

Investigating VPS Solutions

Raysonic,

I work with many hearing impaired men and women.

I do not sign good, but come up with my own ASL. Haha! When things get bad, we pull out the pen and paper.

Many ppl don't realize ASL and English totally different, but we understand each other anyway.

My hearing impaired friends don't use names. They use nicknames. You are probably same.

For me, they sign, "Memory like elephant". That my ASL name.

Anyway, nice to meet you. Have fun!

Edit

I see you have Forum Join Date of 2006.

Where you been, all this time, Ray?
    Last edited by Vin DSL; 12-06-2011 at 01:42 AM.
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

Loyal Client
    Thanks James, Sabrina and Vin. as for Forum join date, I guess I'm super shy (shrug) anyways, as you know I'm deaf, sometime when I'm researching to find right host, some VPS companies did phone required for order. I understand it help stop fraud, it is no problem to me however, I not have phone. I also I tried post yesterday to say thanks James, but it required approved by mod. I not sure why. I'm still "shop around" thanks to WHT forum, lots of good info and find right host. that how I find Jaguarpc first place.

Thanks for your time,
    Ray S.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysonic View Post
    I also I tried post yesterday to say thanks James, but it required approved by mod. I not sure why.
    I have approved your previous post. I apologize for the delay.

This forum has been set up to auto moderate posts by "new" members which contain links. In addition, this forum skin makes it extremely difficult for mods to identify when a post has been "moderated", so sometimes they go unnoticed.

While moderators can easily spot and remove spam if/when it is posted by spammers, we can't find posts that have been auto moderated by the system so the scheme fails. I've made this point before but JPC apparently prefers to annoy new posters.

Sorry again.
    Good luck

Banned
    I am making a notation regarding this issue. Thanks for pointing it out to us once again. I agree that there may be a better approach.
    Last edited by JPC-Sabrina; 12-06-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

JPC Senior Member
    Hey Ray,
    I just wanted to check in with you and to see if you had found all the information you had wanted to get on with your order? Is there anything I can help you with?

I just also wanted to point out, that cPanel actually now have a version called VPS Optimized that is specifically designed to run on VPS servers with 256Mb RAM and up. As you can see, our plans start at 512Mb (double that of the base requred), so you will find that cPanel runs very well on our Plus VPS accounts.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]James G
    Customer Service Representative
    Follow Me On Twitter - [url]http://twitter.com/JPCJamesG[/url]

JaguarPC - [url]http://www.jaguarpc.com[/url][/COLOR]

JPC Member
    hen the VPS buy 1 get 2 for free offer ends? And any other promos now?

JPC Member
    Sorry for mistyping, I mean when the VPS buy 1 get 2 for free offer ends?

Banned
    Are you still looking for a VPS doonn? JaguarPC offers some of the best value VPS plans on the market. Contact our sales department and they will be happy to assist you with all of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by doonn View Post
    Sorry for mistyping, I mean when the VPS buy 1 get 2 for free offer ends?
    I guess he doesn't realize hijacking another topic thread with a totally different question is bad forum manners.

Loyal Client
    It's Alright, I not mind someone hijacked my topic thread, It happen to some people, Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas Raysonic!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast