Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on What does this error message mean? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hello, Someone who downloaded a screensaver from my website got this message after installing it and clicking preview: EMCIDeviceErrorSystem006-There is no driver installed on your ...

Loyal Client

What does this error message mean?

Hello,
    Someone who downloaded a screensaver from my website got this message after installing it and clicking preview:
    EMCIDeviceErrorSystem006-There is no driver installed on your system.
    He insists that this is exactly how it is worded, and it does NOT say "mmsystem006" Can anyone tell me what driver this is referring to? The computer is a P-III with Windows 98 SE.
    Thank you,
    Steve Shelby
    http://www.shelbyvision.com

sometimes you need strange files for screensavers too. I used to run a fansite and I had to offer a file called vbrun300.dll to make the saver work. i'm attaching it but not sure if that's what you need. you'd get a similar error if you didn't have that file.

damn it says the file is too big. i'm going to put it here:
    http://www.clio360.com/stuff/vbrun300.zip
    - Julie
    Student / Web Developer

Loyal Client

vbrun300

Clio,
    I checked my computer, and vbrun300.dll is on it, but not in a place that has anything to do with running screensavers or videos. Is it possible that it just has to be SOMEWHERE on the computer?
    Steve

i think it has to be in either your windows or systems folder. not sure. haven't played with it for quite sometime.
    - Julie
    Student / Web Developer