Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Alot of questions 0_o in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hello. I'm interested in ordering the hosting services after Christmas (I'm getting it for my Christmas present) -and was wondering if you could answer a ...

Loyal Client

Alot of questions 0_o

Hello. I'm interested in ordering the hosting services after Christmas (I'm getting it for my Christmas present) -and was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

(1) What do the different servers mean? I've seen panda, and other weird names.

(2) After you order the services, what do you have to do? Do they e-mail you or do I have to e-mail them?

(3) Lastly....Is it hard to get a web site up or is it just like any other host?

...Thanks.
    zetsubouclub

alexodin
    my server is puma.....
    personally, I like those names.
    Do you think something like TRUWND13_96UF is better?
    There are a few servers that hold all of us. One server can not handle all Aletia's customers.

anyway, you have to fill the "request" form, pay for the service(I used credit card) and wait a few hours.
    They will send you an email with detailed info about your account (IP address, account name, password,mail server and so on)

That's it.

What do you do with that...it is up to you
    If you have html or php(perl...) site already, you can upload it using FTP.

Loyal Client
    Thanks alexodin, you've helped me out alot. I hope to be posting aroudn these forums, I for one like the place. Thanks again, and bye.
    zetsubouclub