Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ahhh! The Waiting is Killing Me! in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hey Everybody, I just joined the Aletia Family Last night. I'm just waiting for them to contact me with my log-in info! AgG!! I can't ...

DBC
    Loyal Client

Ahhh! The Waiting is Killing Me!

Hey Everybody, I just joined the Aletia Family Last night. I'm just waiting for them to contact me with my log-in info! AgG!! I can't wait! Tick Tock... Tick Tock... :cold:

lol don't worry everybody went through it.
    it'll come soon enough though
    enjoy your time here
    Nomsane?
    That is all.

DBC
    Loyal Client
    LOL, yeah but I still can't wait! Geez, I thought it was the same day setup. Sniff... :bawl:

alexodin
    usualy it takes a few hours.

meanwhile, check if your site is ready to go as soon as you get your account up

DBC
    Loyal Client
    A few hours? I signed up for the account last night! It's now 9p.m! LOL I wonder if something went wrong... hmmmmm....

DBC
    Loyal Client
    Ha ha it finally came! Woohoo, too bad it's a bit late... No, I need sleep. Thanks for waiting with me guys! I have one question before I go though. Is there any way to set limitations on the amount of webspace a FTP user can have?

Thanks in advance!

alexodin
    you mean this: you are going to give someone access to your ftp and don't want to allow him to upload more than , for example, 10Mb ?

I dont think you can do it by control panel or any "easy" way.
    there are two options:
    1. ask Aletia to set the limit, if they can
    2. write a (php or perl) script that will do the upload and in this case you can check the size of uploading files. (you dont have to give someone ftp account)

hell no, we won't go!
    Originally posted by DBC
    Is there any way to set limitations on the amount of webspace a FTP user can have?
    This has been discussed several times on this forum. Basically, you can't. Aletia doesn't give you any tools to because it could allow you to start reselling your webspace...maybe someone could cook up a script but I haven't seen one.
    - Colin

I like food.

DBC
    Loyal Client
    Are you serious? Oh well, I guess you can't have your cake and ice cream. FYI - Sniff I am now waiting for my domain name to resolve... LOL!

Loyal Client

Me too

I just signed up with Aletia yesterday at 2:30, it is now about 2:30 the next day and still not a word from Aletia. There AIM is not logged in, and I even tried ICQ, but received no responce. I have e-mailed sales and support several times and receive no reply. I just want to check, they are still in business right???

Thanks
    Joe

alexodin
    everything will be fine, dont worry.

Loyal Client

thanks

Thanks for getting back with me. It is usually my luck to get the wors service anywhere I go. Not just with web hosting, but with restaurants, businesses, etc. I am not surprised for it to take so long to get setup, but from what I read from most of the other users I was hoping I would be one of the one's to get service in a few hours instead of days. You might not believe me but I have terrible luck! I have high hopes for Aletia though.

Thanks again
    Joe

alexodin
    I've sighned up a few month ago. It took them 2 hours to set up my 2 accounts.
    I dont know what is going on right now, it looks like they have same sort of problem...dont know, people resources...or they've got too many clients and cant do things fast as they used to do.
    I've sent them email, saying I'm consern about your support and I been told that everything is ok, they are working on every single ticket... there are just too many tickets and they are trying to prioritize them.
    Servers works fine, from my point of view and it is all what I care about.

take it easy

alexodin
    oh ... about your luck...hmm...i'm pretty sure, that if you stop thinking about "your luck" and tell yourself that everything is under control - things will change.... you will see

Loyal Client

you must be right

You must be right, I just got my setup e-mail. I love their control panel, it makes things much easier. I used to host with Bluedomino. I never had any noticable downtime, their support was ok, and the servers were fast and their backbone was great. But they were a little short on services. I canceled my account with them yesterday, I anticipate some trouble getting my account terminated, and everything straight. We will see. Thanks for your help.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast