Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on A domain name for free?! in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I have heard that if you buy services from Aletai, and prepay it for one year (meaning not paying monthly, right) then you get a ...

Loyal Client

A domain name for free?!

I have heard that if you buy services from Aletai, and prepay it for one year (meaning not paying monthly, right) then you get a domain name, hosted by Aletai, for free? Is there any truth to this rumor?
    zetsubouclub

yes its true

you even get the rights to it as well
    so say you want to switch hosts later on you can keep the name and transfer it to your new host
    Nomsane?
    That is all.

Loyal Client
    Thats cool. One more thing...
    Do you get the same features as you would with the one domain thats already hosted?
    zetsubouclub

hell no, we won't go!
    Originally posted by Drey Johns
    Thats cool. One more thing...
    Do you get the same features as you would with the one domain thats already hosted?
    no, it's just another domain. You can use it as your main domain, a multi-hosted domain, a domain pointer, just a domain that sits around. You just get the domain name for free, nothing else...
    - Colin

I like food.

Loyal Client

How long is domain name registration free

Is the free domain name registration only good for the first year, or is it renewed for free as long as you pay to renew your AletiaHosting account on a yearly basis.

Basically, I want to know whether the first year costs say $x, and if subsequent years cost $x or $x+9.95.

Thanks.

-Spencer

hell no, we won't go!
    An AIM conversation between myself and Aletia
    Me: question, If i sign up for a year and get the free domain name...and then renew my hosting (for a year), does the domain get renewed for free (for another year)?
    Aletia Corp: yup
    and no, me is not my sn
    - Colin

I like food.

Loyal Client

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the rapid feedback.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to aletiahosting and ntidesign (nexpoint technologies) for hosting options and that affects pricing somewhat.

Now I guess the decision will come down to whether the forums and real IP address available here are more important than the massive disk space and bandwidth available for a slightly higher price per year at ntidesign.
    Choices, choices.

-Spencer

Royal pain in the @$$ timechange's Avatar

Re: Thanks for the info

Hmm...I did not see massive space & bandwidth at ntidesign. Unless you can justify this by paying 3 times as much!

Originally posted by sallain
    Thanks for the rapid feedback.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to aletiahosting and ntidesign (nexpoint technologies) for hosting options and that affects pricing somewhat.

Now I guess the decision will come down to whether the forums and real IP address available here are more important than the massive disk space and bandwidth available for a slightly higher price per year at ntidesign.
    Choices, choices.

-Spencer
    Hot domain auctions on ebay: http://timechange.com/ebay/