Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Directi Sub-Reseller account in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hey everyone, I'm trying to get my web design/web hosting company off the ground, we mainly to web design then offer the hosting, I am ...

Loyal Client

Directi Sub-Reseller account

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get my web design/web hosting company off the ground, we mainly to web design then offer the hosting, I am currently registering domains through 1&1 then pointing the domains to my server(well my space on the server) and this takes awhile to set up new domains, i have a directi api set up on my site but I need an account, I am not incredibly familiar with directi, but I can't afford the $199 just quite yet and I was wondering is it would be possible to get a sub-reseller account with a lower activation fee, I could only spare a couple bucks to pay someone if this is even possible but It would be greatly appreciated, thanks for any help or advice in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ishboo View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm trying to get my web design/web hosting company off the ground, we mainly to web design then offer the hosting, I am currently registering domains through 1&1 then pointing the domains to my server(well my space on the server) and this takes awhile to set up new domains, i have a directi api set up on my site but I need an account, I am not incredibly familiar with directi, but I can't afford the $199 just quite yet and I was wondering is it would be possible to get a sub-reseller account with a lower activation fee, I could only spare a couple bucks to pay someone if this is even possible but It would be greatly appreciated, thanks for any help or advice in advance!
    Check if this meets your needs
    name.indichosts.net

Loyal Client
    I can probably help you. I am a direct reseller (not sub-reseller) of DirectI. Let me know and we can work out the details, etc. You can have a look at http://domains.mailnspace.com.

Just a clarification. I would credit your account (reseller/customer) only after receiving payment. You being in this line would know surely know why.

Loyal Client
    This will probably sound like an ignorant question, but what are the differences between a direct reseller and a sub reseller? I have a script that runs my web hosting site that will work with directi to automatically register the domains and have dns control, so as long as that would work with a sub-reseller account, then it would be great, thanx for the help and mns, what would be the best way to get in contact with you then? And thanks again!

Loyal Client
    This will probably sound like an ignorant question, but what are the differences between a direct reseller and a sub reseller?
    • As a direct re-seller, you are a client of DirectI. As a sub-reseller, you are a client of the re-seller. In terms of interface and functionalities, there wouldn't be any difference.
    • As a reseller, you have to pay to directI and keep maintaining the balance as per their requirements. As a sub-reseller, it is all between the reseller and sub-reseller.
    • The re-seller will add his profit before selling to his sub-resellers. So the per domain prices will be a little higher than what DirectI gives.

I have a script that runs my web hosting site that will work with directi to automatically register the domains and have dns control, so as long as that would work with a sub-reseller account, then it would be great
    The DirectI API will work whether you are a reseller or a sub-reseller. Hope you are aware of their terms for using API. Any abuse will shut down your services temporarily.

thanx for the help and mns, what would be the best way to get in contact with you then? And thanks again!
    You are welcome It is little unfortunate that private messaging is disabled at this forum. Anyway, you can contact me on
    "d o m a i n s (a t) m a i l n s p a c e (d o t) c o m"