Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Keep Secure - Google's Pack in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Download Norton Antivirus 2005 SE and Ad-Aware SE Personal for FREE . Check out Google's Software Pack: http://pack.google.com ...

Dylan

Thumbs up Keep Secure - Google's Pack

Download Norton Antivirus 2005 SE and Ad-Aware SE Personal for FREE.
    Check out Google's Software Pack: http://pack.google.com

Thanks hzDylan

JPC Member
    Very interesting. Thanks a lot!

Loyal Client
    Nice! Ad-aware is a great program but Norton is another thing.
    http://www.activevirusshield.com/ant...eav/index.adp?

Check that out guys, it's basically Kaspersky Anti-Virus branded as an AOL program. I know as much as people hate AOL, Kaspersky is one of the best anti-virus programs out there IMO as well as in many other people's opinions.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Imusion View Post
    Nice! Ad-aware is a great program but Norton is another thing.
    http://www.activevirusshield.com/ant...eav/index.adp?

Check that out guys, it's basically Kaspersky Anti-Virus branded as an AOL program. I know as much as people hate AOL, Kaspersky is one of the best anti-virus programs out there IMO as well as in many other people's opinions.
    I am one that hates AOL... My wife had it before we got married and it took re installing the OS and everything else to finally get rid of all the stuff AOL dumped all over her PC. After we left them they called and spammed our email and snail mail for months afterwards trying to get her to come back.

Loyal Client
    Yes trust me I hate AOL as well probably as much as you do. But "active virus shield" is just basically an AOL skin over the kaspersky program, nothing more or less and there is no doubting that Kaspersky is one of the best out there.

They have one of the best detection rates out there, their response time to virus threats are very fast, they provide updates to their virus database on an hourly basis, and the program is not a resource hog like Norton. I've used Norton before and I know how it can bog down a PC sometimes with all the junk there is with it.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Imusion View Post
    Yes trust me I hate AOL as well probably as much as you do. But "active virus shield" is just basically an AOL skin over the kaspersky program, nothing more or less and there is no doubting that Kaspersky is one of the best out there.

They have one of the best detection rates out there, their response time to virus threats are very fast, they provide updates to their virus database on an hourly basis, and the program is not a resource hog like Norton. I've used Norton before and I know how it can bog down a PC sometimes with all the junk there is with it.
    I don't use Norton...

I'll give this one a try on one of my laptops and do a review.

Mostly I use F-Secure and it is very good but it too can take CPU here and there.

JPC Member
    Have you guys tried Avast Antivirus? (www.avast.com)
    I have tried Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky over the years, I find Avast the best.
    They also provide a free Home edition

Blue4

JPC Member
    Avg free is the best antivirus that i've used.

Loyal Client
    I would HIGHY recommend Panda Antivirus..

www.PandaSoftware.com

They've got 3 version:

-Panda Antivirus 2007
    -Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2007
    -Panda Internet Security 2007

AV 07 is the lightest, its great, catches more viruses than any other antivirus!

Check it out, let me know what you think!

JPC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue4 View Post
    Have you guys tried Avast Antivirus? (www.avast.com)
    I have tried Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky over the years, I find Avast the best.
    They also provide a free Home edition

Blue4
    I second this: after having tried Norton and McAfee I found Avast and I have fallen in love!

Dylan
    I too have fallen in love with this incredible AV software.
    Avast! is feature-packed and extremely light on resources - Great recommendation - Thanks guys!

Loyal Client
    AVG free is one of the best values in an anti-virus available anywhere. Especially since anyone can download the full free version which auto-updates daily. It has nailed trojans that norton has missed entirely. Way too good for words IMO.

If you need another flavor to test, Comodo has a free personal antivirus as well.
    I haven't tried it though.