Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on MySQL v5 in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
HzDylan, My correspondence regarding getting MySQL v5.0 upgraded on c1 is with ticket number 728210. I am not sure if you keep a running log ...

Loyal Client
    HzDylan,

My correspondence regarding getting MySQL v5.0 upgraded on c1 is with ticket number 728210. I am not sure if you keep a running log of all e-mail exchanges by ticket number. If not, I can provide them to you.

Initially, I had my client signed up for the 1yr failover plan with the intent to use MySQL v5.0. The website does not state which version of MySQL so I checked with sales. They said either version were available. After logging onto to site, I found to my dismay, only v4.x was available. Ticket #728210 was opened in order to resolve this issue.

Jag Veteran
    Yes this is on the priority list. The new c1 server is just about ready for migration and it runs mysql v5. You should be getting a notice sometime this weekend or early next week regarding the migration.
    Kiet Duong
    Hosting Zoom, Inc.

Loyal Client
    HyKiet,

This news is really good. I really do not care to write a lot of SQL code within PHP or any other scripting/programming language for that matter. It's difficult to debug and read, plus you take a performance hit. Having most of the SQL code in stored procedures is really nice. Can't wait to see MySQL show up.