Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on c1 Cluster Implementation needs more upfront planning in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I am disappointed with the c1 cluster implementation. The e-mail regarding the new IP address to the remote MySQL server was sent after the implementation ...

Loyal Client

c1 Cluster Implementation needs more upfront planning

I am disappointed with the c1 cluster implementation. The e-mail regarding the new IP address to the remote MySQL server was sent after the implementation was completed. I cannot just switch the IP address so easily. I found transactions and db objects on the original MySQL server that did not carry over to the new server. It seems HostingZoom performed a one-time restored of the database on the new MySQL server at some point and left it at that. Had I re-pointed my webpages to the new MySQL server, I would have ended up with database that was incomplete and would have taken a lot of time to rectify.

During the c1 cluster implementation, I was getting 404 errors everytime I try to reference a webpage on my site. It was finally fixed after about an hour though I was never notified. Now, I am having problems with updating my website. It seems I can FTP the revised webpages but when I go to my website, the changes do not appear. I have double-checked my findings by going to CPanel and viewing the contents of the webpages.

I realize this was not an easy implementation, but it would have been easier on me and a lot of other customers if we were given a time table for the implementation and a brief outline of what was being affected. I would have prepared to verify the new environment. I hope better communications will result from the c1 cluster implementation. My reputation and clients depend on HostingZoom to deliver reliable service.

Loyal Client
    Wordpress installer via Fantastico reports errors. Cannot install. I installed one yesterday and had to change the IP today to make it work, just as the last time (when it went down in nov-dec).

I take the chance to report here as not so happy with previous experiences via ticket...

Loyal Client

c1 Cluster Implementation Issue

I discovered why I am unable to update my website after the c1 cluster implementation. My website's IP address was changed. It used to point to 70.47.104.167, but now it resolves to 70.47.59.167. Since I did not get notification of the IP address changed, my FTP program was still communicating to the old IP address (still active). It was no wonder I never saw my updates go thru on my website.

The original IP address should be deactivated at this time since it serves no function - other than to create confusion. I would advise others to check their website IP address as a precautionary measure.

Jag Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevey View Post
    I discovered why I am unable to update my website after the c1 cluster implementation. My website's IP address was changed. It used to point to 70.47.104.167, but now it resolves to 70.47.59.167. Since I did not get notification of the IP address changed, my FTP program was still communicating to the old IP address (still active). It was no wonder I never saw my updates go thru on my website.

The original IP address should be deactivated at this time since it serves no function - other than to create confusion. I would advise others to check their website IP address as a precautionary measure.
    We sent out an email to all c1 customers about the ip change. I'm sorry that you somehow didn't receive it. It was also noted in the c1 forum. The ip forward is set so that you don't experience a dns cache issue.
    Kiet Duong
    Hosting Zoom, Inc.