Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on C1 major mySQL problems lasting 4 hours already! in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
How can an unmodified page cause database problems all of a sudden? I didn't change anything on my site and my main pages we're displaying ...

Loyal Client

C1 major mySQL problems lasting 4 hours already!

How can an unmodified page cause database problems all of a sudden? I didn't change anything on my site and my main pages we're displaying database errors for the past 4 hours or so. Have there been any changes on your side?

Loyal Client
    I disabled a basic (unaltered) query which seemed to cause problems but it now appears I can't even create a thread on my own forum. It's time action is being taken. This problem is lasting for almost 7 hours now! Chat is unavailable, technicians not replying to my ticket while I keep updating it with relevant info. I'm not used to this with HZ...

Loyal Client
    hello, im having same kind of problems with php scripts that worked for long time.
    I can't contact tech support either.

Loyal Client

Thumbs down Wtf?

You have absolutely killed me over here. Just about every 7-9 days there is major problem. The migrations, failover failing, SMTP ... I got my current job because I could solve their website related problems. I moved them to you and I got completely new problems.

How do you server farm admins keep their jobs?

Fix the damn server so I can have a stable website while I prepare to move us away from you! You all used to be so good too. Shame.

Loyal Client
    C'mon HZ, it's for over lasting 9 hours now and still no solution! Don't you think I'm eligible for some compensation by now?

Loyal Client
    im kind of worried, the ticket support i opened about 3 hours ago doesn't even show in the list of current tickets and i haven't even received the email confirmation.
    what is happening?

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by chauzu View Post
    im kind of worried, the ticket support i opened about 3 hours ago doesn't even show in the list of current tickets and i haven't even received the email confirmation.
    what is happening?
    Probably means your ticket didn't go through then. There is a list of current tickets and email confirmation for a reason; to confirm the ticket got through.

Also metal-r-us what problem are you referring to? I'm on the C1 server and my site/forum seem to work fine.

Loyal Client
    So you're saying you don't have problems, check the second link in your sig...

From your site:
    MySQL error reported!

Script: index

Query: SELECT id,user,userid,cat,title,manu,bigimage,v iews, id*0+RAND() as rand_col FROM rp_products WHERE bigimage !='' AND approved='1' ORDER BY rand_col DESC

Result: Got error 12 from storage engine

Database handle: Resource id #6
    I'm using a different forum solution than you, so that's probably the reason it works for you and not for me...

Update: I see things work now. It's about time. Almost 10 hours....

Loyal Client
    Also metal-r-us what problem are you referring to? I'm on the C1 server and my site/forum seem to work fine.
    Sounds like my problem ... queries that worked up until last night have stopped working. I have osCommerce running, which can run, quite literally, on almost every host. They offer it in Fantastico and I've been running it for a few months now.

There is some memory issue here. mySQL is choking on joined queries. Whether there was an "update" or screwed up optimization .. the mySQL server is failing on advanced queries.

Hostingzoom delays with trouble tickets only when they screwed the pooch. That's indication enough. Just like me, they're quick to reply when there's nothing wrong

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by metal-r-us View Post
    So you're saying you don't have problems, check the second link in your sig...

From your site:
    I'm using a different forum solution than you, so that's probably the reason it works for you and not for me...

Update: I see things work now. It's about time. Almost 10 hours....
    Thats odd, everything is fine on my end. I checked my IS Host Reviews site and I don't see any mySQL query errors. I even tried browsing through a proxy to see maybe if certain people are connecting to a different DB or something. But it all checks out fine on my end.

Have you rechecked your mySQL IP for your scripts? Manually check the mySQL host address for your forum to see if somehow it was reverted.

Loyal Client
    Read my update? You even quoted it. My scripts always were fine, those are default vbulletin scripts and they work on this particular forum so why wouldn't they on mine.

Loyal Client
    Read my update? You even quoted it. My scripts always were fine, those are default vbulletin scripts and they work on this particular forum so why wouldn't they on mine.
    I quoted your old post and you updated it by the time I hit reply.

Well for one your site is hosted on a failover, I'm not sure if HZ has their forum hosted on the same type of thing. Secondly, default php scripts always set their mySQL address to localhost, not the failover mySQL IP, which you NEED in order for your scripts to work.

Loyal Client
    You're not reading it correct, I know I'm on a failover, I know how to setup my config. It was a server wide problem! The fact you failed to see it is not my fault. I appreciate you're trying to be helpful but I don't need it. Oh, when you quote in vBulletin you quote the post as it is that moment so my update was already there. Your post was done 3 minutes after my last edit.

Loyal Client
    You're not reading it correct, I know I'm on a failover, I know how to setup my config. It was a server wide problem! The fact you failed to see it is not my fault. I appreciate you're trying to be helpful but I don't need it. Oh, when you quote in vBulletin you quote the post as it is that moment so my update was already there. Your post was done 3 minutes after my last edit.
    Okay, if it was a server-wide problem, then yes I failed to see it because nothing has been wrong with my sites that are using PHP/mySQL for "almost 10 hours". People have been making posts just fine on my forum.

But if you "don't need it", then why even bother posting in the PEER-TO-PEER support forum? Thats what this forum is meant for, it has never been a means of getting a guarentee response from HZ. If you wanted to post it here simply to get the attention or possibly faster response from the HZ team then so be it. Whatever floats your boat.

Well then I supposed I left the HZ forum opened while I was doing something else; before coming back to quote your post without reading that you updated it in the quote. Things happend buddy. It's not like I'm trying to lie about not seeing your update.

And this topic is probably getting wayy off topic, partially due to me as well so I'll just stop this silly thing already. Have better things to do right now.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Imusion View Post
    Okay, if it was a server-wide problem, then yes I failed to see it because nothing has been wrong with my sites that are using PHP/mySQL for "almost 10 hours". People have been making posts just fine on my forum.
    You're using different forum software which probably uses different mysql queries.
    But if you "don't need it", then why even bother posting in the PEER-TO-PEER support forum? Thats what this forum is meant for, it has never been a means of getting a guarentee response from HZ. If you wanted to post it here simply to get the attention or possibly faster response from the HZ team then so be it. Whatever floats your boat.
    You were giving me unwanted advice, I tried to be nice to you and said I appreciate it, but I don't need your help. I needed to vent my frustrations because my ticket wasn't being addressed properly if at all and there was no response in the chat at all. Plus I can't open a new thread in the C1 forum itself. I wanted to know if I was the only one with problems which I clearly wasn't. It's a forum dedicated to HZ issues, why should you care if I post in here, it's a free world.
    Well then I supposed I left the HZ forum opened while I was doing something else; before coming back to quote your post without reading that you updated it in the quote. Things happend buddy. It's not like I'm trying to lie about not seeing your update.
    Not even gonna respond to this...
    And this topic is probably getting wayy off topic, partially due to me as well so I'll just stop this silly thing already. Have better things to do right now.
    HZ better close this...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast