Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on C1 - At wit's end ... [Merged] in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Can anyone please explain to me why there are so many problems with the C1 server? I just had 6+ hours of down time yesterday ...

Loyal Client

C1 - At wit's end ... [Merged]

Can anyone please explain to me why there are so many problems with the C1 server? I just had 6+ hours of down time yesterday due to a sql v.s. mySQL database. Now the site and smtp are down for about 30+ minutes.

What words could anyone use to help me understand just how this is possible? Please, someone give it a try. Keep in mind that the old C1 server was failing over weeks and dropping my sites repeatedly. Then the site migration was botched, only to be followed with a major problem with the SMTP server right on its' heels. Yesterday we had the mySQL issue and today ...

Quite frankly I'm at a loss. Not to mention my boss wondering why he hired an idiot who can't keep the websites running.

JPC Member

c1 sites are down

Just wanted to chime in here. I thought a failover system was supposed to avoid downtime!

Why are these problems occuring and when will they be eliminated??

Kiet, I'd appreciate a response to the following questions:
    Why is this happening? I went to the failover to avoid downtime, and I've had more now than on the Tyler server, I believe.

Is the C1 failover system unstable? Will it ever be stable??

Should I switch back to Tyler??

Thank you

JPC Guru
    There was overloading account at the server , i have taken care of it. and loads at server are within normal range now.

Contact support [at] hostingzoom.com if you see any particular issue still persisting.

JPC Guru
    There was overloading account at the server , i have taken care of it. and loads at server are within normal range now.

Contact support [at] hostingzoom.com if you see any particular issue still persisting.

JPC Member
    Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. Is the C1 server less stable than Tyler?

JPC Guru
    right now, yes tyler is more stable. But you cant compare c1 with tyler. Issues like this can come at any day on any server.

Jag Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KSA View Post
    Just wanted to chime in here. I thought a failover system was supposed to avoid downtime!

Why are these problems occuring and when will they be eliminated??

Kiet, I'd appreciate a response to the following questions:
    Why is this happening? I went to the failover to avoid downtime, and I've had more now than on the Tyler server, I believe.

Is the C1 failover system unstable? Will it ever be stable??

Should I switch back to Tyler??

Thank you
    Avoid _prolong_ downtime, not small downtime or in other words downtime lasting for a long time due to reasons such as bad hardware, file system corruptions, etc.

I was briefed on what happened to c1 and guarantee it will be thoroughly checked and double checked. There was a user whom managed to overload and crashed the server which prompted for a reboot which in turn took it into a fail over. When that happened there was a missing DNS file which did not allow DNS to start on the secondary server which evidently kept the sites offline. Once the DNS file was fixed and synced sites started to come back online. The only thing I can assume at this point is when the failover version 2 was setup on c1 something was missed in the setup because this doesn't happen on the other clusters.

I know frustration levels are high especially on this cluster since it's gone through so much changes but assure you this is not normal service. We will get it checked and it will be corrected so that this doesn't happen again.
    Kiet Duong
    Hosting Zoom, Inc.

Loyal Client

Thumbs down

We still have problems today... I'm really tired of this! If the server is not totally down, it's slow like crazy, the FTP/SSH doesn't work...

I know you have very cheap price, but your service is definitely not professional.

Loyal Client
    I'm getting really hacked off too.

For the past two days FTP hasn't worked. Yesterday my sites were slow and unreliable and the mail servers weren't working either.

I switched to hostingzoom because I though they were going to be reliable. They're actually equally, if not more unreliable than my old host?

What's going on!!! Sort it out guys!!!

Dylan
    Our admin is working on the FTP issue on C1 (rpm database related).
    Please temporarily use your cPanel's Filemanager until this has been resolved.

Loyal Client
    Can you give us a timescale on this problem please? It's been two days now. Sounds like your admins either have a big problem or don't know what they're doing?

BTW - just trying to use cPanel, but that's not working either!

Dylan
    Quote Originally Posted by mat01 View Post
    Can you give us a timescale on this problem please?
    I cannot sorry, there is no timescale unfortunately.
    This is a software issue that our admin is working on.

Just a quick update, user sshd is now up on 15554.

Loyal Client
    My FTP Works!!! Oh, but my entire site is down.

Dylan
    Quote Originally Posted by duende1 View Post
    It should be up now.
    You probably tried to access your website during the failover process.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by duende1 View Post
    My Site is up!!! Oh, right. Every time the site takes a dive and comes back, I'm told it all works. Then I have to report that my email is down. Then I have to argue that it's down ... then it get fixed.

For example, on the email:

"Email should be working fine now, there was some missing configurations on the failover process. We are currently investigating this issues to avoid them happening again upon failover."

OK ... please do. I'm going to have a meeting with my boss about why I should keep my job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast