Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Yet ANOTHER c1 problem in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
After a huge amount of recent problems with the new c1 failover server, I woke up today to find ALL my sites down, and mapped ...

Loyal Client

Yet ANOTHER c1 problem

After a huge amount of recent problems with the new c1 failover server, I woke up today to find ALL my sites down, and mapped to the wrong server!!!

I am getting really fed up with HostingZoom.

I moved to them because they say :

"Clustered Failover Web Hosting Technology

Hosting Zoom's high availability web hosting solution offers maximum redundancy and reliability. We offer a clustered failover hosting environment with real-time data replication that will automatically route all network traffic to an available server if a server within the cluster fails or shut down for maintanence eliminating downtime."

This is as far as I can see, complete rubbish. They are almost worse than my previous host for downtime.

I am really unhappy. Hosting Zoom must be losing customers, if there are other people who feel as I do.

I will think twice about reknewing my hosting with them.

Dylan
    This is most likely due to the migration that is currently taking place.
    Please open a ticket if you havent already. Mention the ticket id here.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by mat01 View Post
    After a huge amount of recent problems with the new c1 failover server, I woke up today to find ALL my sites down, and mapped to the wrong server!!!
    Even better. I woke up today to find ALL of my mail gone. They restored my inbox ONLY and I'm still waiting on them to give me back my entire message store. I have never had any hosting company do this to me at all. And they did it without notifying me first so I could get my mail off the server before they decided to do this. Now I've got a bunch of stuff I can't respond to, shipments I can't track....

Loyal Client
    Another migration on C1? Did I miss something? I've been having dns problems for the past 4+ hours, the most important were resolved already through the chat but I submitted a ticket for some more issues. The dns's were advertising the ip I had on the old server. I guess all is related with this issue...

JPC Member
    Well, I'm not having that bad luck as to having problems often, but today I do and a really weird and crucial one.

All my sites are being redirected to another site (same site for all)

www.redhw.com
    www.raenk.net
    www.raenk.com

and so on.

I opened a ticket already and waiting for response #814083

The only thing I can call rubbish IMHO is live chat support. Everytime I use it (not often) I always end up with no solution and opening a ticket. It seems they just see what's wrong, tell you what is it and give no solution but to open a ticket. So, I feel live chat support is just like the waiting room in order to see the doctor.

Loyal Client
    Up to seven hours (since ticket submission) now waiting to get my mail back from the utterly false "There will be no downtime while the migration takes place and you will not have to make any changes on your end." change.

Dylan
    There was no C1 migration.
    There was an IP mixup as a result of a related migration which resulted in C1 DNS Zonefiles being reset.
    This has since been corrected, however we still have quite a large ticket queue to process.

Loyal Client
    What does IP changes have to do with losing entire mailstores and only restoring the inboxes?

JPC Member
    I just want to state that my problem posted above has been solved.

Since I posted my problem here (also) I want to let everyone know the end of it.

Thanks

Loyal Client
    I join the group... sites down early today. Now up but I JUST CANT email my visitors and clients and say "flush your dns, there is no problem at all"

Guys "pleeeease".

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Raenk View Post
    Since I posted my problem here (also) I want to let everyone know the end of it.
    I'll be happy to do the same once (if) my outage is over.

Loyal Client
    Just echoing what everyone else has been saying. This is making me look bad. Not too long ago prior to moving over to this 'failover' service I was boasting about how the new reliability will be unbelievable and how much it will benefit all our users. Now even my own administrators are questioning me condscendingly about WHY and HOW the site is down. They are angry at ME because the site has not been accessible to users/themselves, the site was redirecting them to somewhere else, and that they had to go through flushing their DNS and clearing their cache to clear out any existing problems. When they ask what is going on, I can't tell them anything other than this technobabble about DNS routing problems and stuff that they honestly probably could care less about. I'm looking like a complete fool in front of my visitors and my own team!

Whats worse is I don't think any of this has even been taken into account of the websitepulse uptime status because the sites were still essentially 'loading' and 'accessible' even though sometimes it was leading to the WRONG DOMAIN! I don't think it will matter much anyways because at this point, the uptime percentages for this month have been low enough that even if the server stays problem free until March everyone should be able to claim 100% SLA credits.

I'm not please to say I can claim these SLA credits because the fact that I am able to, is saying that the uptime percentages have dipped below the 'service-level agreements' that you guys have laid out. For me I'd rather boast that I didn't have to claim SLA credits because the uptime was perfect rather than going around and praising that 'yay I got 1 free month of hosting'.

Loyal Client
    Fortunately I'm a former DNS and E-Mail engineer so the DNS problem I can understand what happened. Why it happened and what that has to do with someone deleting my mailstore (it's not even on the server in the mail directory) is beyond me though.

Loyal Client
    Okay, my E-mail is working again. My issue is resolved. Thank you Dylan and Jay.

Loyal Client
    Yes everything is working again for me too now. I just hate the way things KEEP going wrong with this supposedly failure light service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast