Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Cannot Connect Via FTP in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Every few weeks I lose the ability to connect to any of my sites via SmartFtp or Crimson Editor. When this happens I contact support ...

Cannot Connect Via FTP

Every few weeks I lose the ability to connect to any of my sites via SmartFtp or Crimson Editor. When this happens I contact support and they usually fix the problem quickly. This time however that has not happened. I can log into cpnel with my username and password but not ftp using the same username and password. I asked for help 4 days ago and haven't gotten any yet. Support says they created a new ftp account and logged in but I tried as well and cannot log in or cannot log in and access public_html folder. If anyone has any advice, please share it.

Thank you

Loyal Client
    Hi, Honey -

This happened to me three times in a short period a couple of months ago. For the first two times, I went into WHM myself and restarted FTP, even though Server Status indicated that FTP was up. It just takes a few seconds, but not ideal if you have clients trying to FTP when you're not around.

The third time, I asked Support to look at it, in case there was a permanent fix they needed to make (perhaps a cron job or some such thing), but they simply restarted FTP as well.

Haven't had the problem since, though.

Dan.

They finally fixed the ftp problem- for now. In the future I will try your fix as well.

Problems are becoming more and more frequent these days though. Now I haven't been able to access cpanel for 2 days.

hzAhmed
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    They finally fixed the ftp problem- for now. In the future I will try your fix as well.

Problems are becoming more and more frequent these days though. Now I haven't been able to access cpanel for 2 days.
    Did you open a ticket for this cpanel problem , 2 days is a long period !!

Loyal Client
    No one else has posted to this thread in a while, so maybe these are fairly isolated events.

I am currently experiencing this problem, however, and have for most of the day. I've noticed that FTP is a bit quirky from time to time, but today is the first time that I have been completely shut out. No cPanel, no WHM, no FTP.

Anyone ever figure out why this happens?