Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Is is possible get implement Apache 2 VPS in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Is it possible to get a VPS with Apache2? We have a client who is ready to leave us if we don't provide him Apache2 ...

Is is possible get implement Apache 2 VPS

Is it possible to get a VPS with Apache2?

We have a client who is ready to leave us if we don't provide him Apache2 and as RZ is no plans for this, is it possible to do this in ModVPS?

Are there any downsides to Apache2 vis Apache1?

Loyal Client
    With your VPS you can do whatever you want but really take my word and don't move to apache 2 now

Easyapache 3 is really terrible and has loads of bugs and if you build apache 2 with it you might get yur apache broken

I had huge downtime few days ago because of it so just wait until easyapache becomes stable.

Explain that to your client and make sure he understands or else let hi leave. losing 1 client is much better than refunding 10 for downtime.
    Tech Entrance Hosting

Looking forward to hosting you

[QUOTE=Tech Entrance;37350]Easyapache 3 is really terrible and has loads of bugs and if you build apache 2 with it you might get yur apache broken
    QUOTE]

Thank you for your views. I told cPanel with Apache2.2 is now almost stable and in final edge. I understand the recommended method is to change from Stable to Edge in WHM and upgrade with though it to Apache2.2, followed by a recompliation of PHP to make sure eaccelerator is working and making PHP5 as the default php version.

Did you follow this or use shell commands? What kind of issues came up?

I will be taking a new VPS and will do this for client, so only they will be affected.

But will ModVPS still support us with Apache2 or will they consider is as an 3rd party component and let us fend for ourself?

Loyal Client
    In WHM goes to Main >> Software >> Apache Update and you could install apache 2