Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Everything Down - No Response from HZ in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Earlier this evening, I started getting "Internal Server Configuration" and other nasty errors. After poking around, it appeared to be some corruption in Apache. But ...

Loyal Client

Everything Down - No Response from HZ

Earlier this evening, I started getting "Internal Server Configuration" and other nasty errors. After poking around, it appeared to be some corruption in Apache. But I tried restarting Apache. Big mistake. No joy, and I could no longer log into WHM.

Tried restarting Apache from the shell. Failed. Corrupt httpd.conf file, apparently.

I tried restarting the VPS from VZ (hey, you never know)... that failed.

Next I tried restoring to most recent backup from (yesterday; no important changes since then, so why not?) from VZ -- the restore failed due to a network timeout (gee, what a surprise, network issues...).

Finally, I submitted ticket 1437635 more than an hour ago -- and received no response from HZ. That's very unlike the HZ crew. Usually they're pretty quick.

At this point, everything is down. Web, mail, everything except I can still log into VZ. Is anyone working tonight who can help with this? I don't want to waste another hour trying to restore only to find that the ^*#(*^ network won't let me!

Thanks,

Richard

Loyal Client
    Okay... now I can't even log into VZ. I would hope this is because someone is fixing it and has it locked, but since no one has responded to my ticket, I have no way of knowing.

Richard

Loyal Client
    Okay, Sergey responded. He's a good man. Must be busy there tonight... usually, he answers within minutes.

Loyal Client
    They have always reply me within 5-15 for urgent ticket. But I guess the reply times may defer depending on the case.
    modvpsreviews.com - Comming Soon!

Loyal Client
    They were unable to restart the VPS and had to do a quota initialization, which took quite some time. Then they fixed httpd.conf to get the server running, but none of the PHP functions presently are working. They're going to rebuild Apache and PHP next.

I've always said that HZ support is excellent. I fear that lately, they're getting both a lot of extra work and a lot of extra grief that they don't deserve due to problems stemming from network issues.

Richard

Loyal Client
    Okay. Everything is fixed and working again. Tony finished up the job, and all is well now.

Richard