Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Ikonboard Install Problems - Help Inside in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi, Just spent a very frustrating day trying to get an iKon 3 install working on cobra using MySQL. After much help elswhere I find ...

Loyal Client

Ikonboard Install Problems - Help Inside

Hi,

Just spent a very frustrating day trying to get an iKon 3 install working on cobra using MySQL.

After much help elswhere I find I am missing a Perl Module on the server so I have to get Aletia to install it.

To help anyone else who's having this problem, here's a link to a tool which checks your server and reports which Perl Modules it has on board.

Perldiver.cgi

With it I was able to confirm my server was missing the DBD::MySQL module... hope it's of use to you. It's a free script BTW.

regards

BitStar

alexodin
    you can get Perl information for any Aletia servers using this pattern: [servername].nocdns.com/perldriver.cgi
    an example: http://puma.nocdns.com/perldiver.cgi

the strange thing is http://cobra.nocdns.com/perldiver.cgi doesnt work, it looks like they have a problem with CGI support on that server.

I will let them know about that problem.
    (i'm sure you've send them tons of emails today )

alexodin
    They have fixed that problem.

Loyal Client
    well this is what i get and i know i installed it right.

Execution of /home/digikoon/public_html/flirts/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.
    Bareword "g" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /home/digikoon/public_html/flirts/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi line 437.
    syntax error at /home/digikoon/public_html/flirts/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi line 437, near "$Tmp =~ s|!"
    syntax error at /home/digikoon/public_html/flirts/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi line 433, near "=~ s|\$|$|g"
    Final $ should be \$ or $name at /home/digikoon/public_html/flirts/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi line 433, within string
    [Mon Dec 31 00:07:07 2001] [error] [client 63.229.144.170] File does not exist: /home/digikoon/public_html/flirts/500.shtml
    [Mon Dec 31 00:07:07 2001] [error] [client 63.229.144.170] Premature end of script headers: /home/digikoon/public_html/flirts/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi
    Execution of /home/digikoon/public_html/flirts/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi aborted due to compilation errors.