Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Aletia Referral Program in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Do we have this already? I'm curious if it's possible that I referr a friend to aletia's service then I can get a bonus or ...

Aletia Referral Program

Do we have this already? I'm curious if it's possible that I referr a friend to aletia's service then I can get a bonus or something for a help on aletia's sales. Or I can put up a banner on my site then a clickthu that tracks referral would be cool if it generates sales for aletia.

I have referer few people here already... And I'm sure they're glad I told them...

Comments post them here...
    Where do you wanna go today?

Loyal Client
    A referral/affiliate program would be nice, but there are at least two ways to think about it.

Thought pattern A:
    At least 5 or 6 people are members here because of me, you're getting a profit from these guys, why not share a little bit with me?

Thought pattern B:
    Since I've referred 5 or 6 people to Aletia, that's more money in their pockets which they can use to better serve their clients, including me.

Hmm.

We can always do something like... Free one month hosting for each client refered... There's lots of things... but it would be an excellent idea.

Loyal Client
    Yeah, I agree it's an excellent idea. BUT -- with new incentive for clients to reffer as many people as possible, would Aletia be able to handle the amount of new people signing up?

(sorry, I'm just playing devil's advocate here )

That's a big question about handling the signup loads and support... hmmm any comments from Aletia?

It's OK tribby... we're just giving them suggestions!

djl
    Loyal Client
    I do believe that when you signup there is a little box to put in the persons name who referered you.
    I could be wrong, but i referred someone the other week and they asked what name they should put in that box.

So really, its up to the people who have been referred whether they put your name in or not!

David

Loyal Client

That is just something for the forum, its a feature that's built into VB. I'm not even sure it's turned on since it's somewhat pointless. These forums are for helping customers. Aletia doesnt need to grow as a forum, but as a hosting company so I don't think they'd care if you referred people to these boards.
    They would need something else that tracks when people sign up for hosting plans, not register at the boards
    Nomsane?
    That is all.

Royal pain in the @$$ timechange's Avatar
    I already asked Aletia on this, they don't have a tracking mechanism in place and therefore can't implement it currently.
    Hot domain auctions on ebay: http://timechange.com/ebay/

Loyal Client
    >Thought pattern B:
    >
    >Since I've referred 5 or 6 people to Aletia, that's more
    >money in their pockets which they can use to better
    >serve their clients, including me.

I much prefer this line of thinking. No need to make them put in place a referral program with all its headaches. Just keep doing a good job and minimize outside expenses (like those hosts with large splash advertisements with cleavage).

Aletia staff -- you're doing a great job!