Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Site down for days now... in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Our siet at clan-kf.net got hacked, and we asked support a few days ago to restore the site from a backup, and gather any logs ...

Loyal Client

Site down for days now...

Our siet at clan-kf.net got hacked, and we asked support a few days ago to restore the site from a backup, and gather any logs they had for us, (the ftp logs were gone too) But we havent recived any word and our site hasnt been restored.

I talked with support on icq last night and he said they were looking into it, and he would keep me informed, but never told me anything.

Just wondering whats going on =]

Loyal Client
    no reply? nothing done to my site? is this the kind of support i can expect from aletia all the time? Slow, no reply, and liers?

Loyal Client
    Calm down. Try contacting them via aim or icq, they probably just haven't gotten to your ticket yet. It seems they've been very busy recently, but I'm sure that they would be very willing to help you.

Loyal Client
    i've been calm for 4 days now, i still am calm. I would just like to see my site taken care of.

i did contact them via aim or icq and they said they were looking into it, and he would keep me informed and havent heard from them since.

1. send in another Ticket, make sure your subject line is CLEAR that you're requesting an update.

2. you should always have a backup of your site and not rely on your host.
    - Julie
    Student / Web Developer

Loyal Client
    i do have backups, they are a week old tho, and the hosts would be vyer up to date, considering the daily backups, they do.

I would upload my backups, if ftp was not messed up, i cant even access my control panel, let alone log in ftp....

Ok, make sure you send in that Ticket again. and list ALL your problems including FTP and Control Panel. And use a NON-Aletia account. Using aletia email accounts have been known to cause problems.
    - Julie
    Student / Web Developer

Loyal Client
    they deleted my emails too.

we've even called aletia and left a message, no answer. still this morning my site is forbiden now. i dont know if they are working on something, or what. i dont know what forbiden means =/

thanks for ur help clio

Loyal Client
    The backup has been placed in your home directory. Make sure that you change your password properly and take the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again.

The best will be not to share your main access with anybody at all.

Laura

Loyal Client
    no one had access. thats why its called a hack.

and you should a notice of what characers a password may have and maybe it woulnt happen at all.

and the backup was empty.