Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Problems with Aletia signup? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Is there any secrect to getting the account signup to work? All afternoon I have tried to signup, but continually get OLE DB errors and ...

Loyal Client

Problems with Aletia signup?

Is there any secrect to getting the account signup to work? All afternoon I have tried to signup, but continually get OLE DB errors and page timeouts. This seems to be the fault of the billing provider Aletia uses, but it make Aletia look bad.

I sent an email to Aletia support inquiring about creating a new account (around 3pm central) but have recieved no reply. I needed to get a web host setup today. If Aletia cannot get the signup straightened out for me by in the morning, I will have to look elsewhere.

(Edited for misspelling Aletia's name.)

Loyal Client
    nope, there definately isnt a secret to signing up
    if i had to make a wild guess i would assume aletias billing provider is temp down possibly some technical difficulties

Loyal Client
    I was finally able to complete the signup process via the web. Hopefully, account setup will go more smoothly.

Loyal Client
    After, the setup problems Aletia has definately come through. They just sent me my account info (around 11pm) after only 30 or so minutes from when I was able to sign up. High marks so far.

Sorry if I came off as a little impatient. Dealing with addr.com will do that to a person...

Loyal Client
    :wavey: (Love this little man)

I have just signed up with no problems at all.

springwell

Loyal Client
    http://aletiaforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2364

aletia might want to consider giving their billing people a hard time

Loyal Client
    Ugh I got the same error, as did a friend who registered an hour before me (around Noon, EST). Not exactly the very best 'first' impression as a client. But because of Aletia's well known reputation, we decided to continue along, hoping for the best. I immediately contacted support after that error to inquire about my transaction and patiently waited the day until they got back to me. Twas finally around 9pm that my ordering information arrived in my inbox, and now I'm awaiting the setup of my account.

Hopefully, it'll be smooth sailing from here!