Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Not 1 good free webmail software??? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I have searched this forum, the internet, for a good free webmail software... I have found a SquirrelMail, wich I still have to try out, ...

Not 1 good free webmail software???

I have searched this forum, the internet, for a good free webmail software... I have found a SquirrelMail, wich I still have to try out, other one was jawmail, wich I have tryed everything to install, no luck ...and other ones wich I did not even bother to download, cuz it was just crap

Anyone out there knows a very cool one? The one I would really like to have, is this: http://www.exedentmail.com , but its not free :bawl:

hell no, we won't go!
    SquirrelMail is a wonderful program, unfortunately not all Aletia servers have IMAP installed/enabled so not everyone can use it But do take a look at <http://aletiaforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2575>

Good luck
    - Colin

I like food.

ok, hostrocket has the cash to pay for epostal webmail....I don't. I would pay, if the site I am creating is somethig big, but its not, its a girls soccer team web page, so I need something free. They did a car wash to pay for the aletia host...lol...I just chose aletia, and doing the site. I'll try SquirrelMail, since the cpanel works now.

hell no, we won't go!
    You can get that program for free. Some of the features are disabled and you can only have 30 email address.

EDIT:
    Correction, there is a 30 day evaluation period...
    - Colin

I like food.

Loyal Client
    Originally posted by Dogma
    You can get that program for free. Some of the features are disabled and you can only have 30 email address.
    Actually, the correct statement is "You can ilegally use the program for free". I don't hold it against anybody if they want to; that is their problem. If nothing else lets call it like it is.

They have a 30 day evaluation copy that seems to come with the 30 user limitation, and that doesn't blow up on your face after 30 days. Still, after 30 days you are supposed to either license it or stop using it altogether.

hell no, we won't go!
    Originally posted by DevNull
    They have a 30 day evaluation copy that seems to come with the 30 user limitation, and that doesn't blow up on your face after 30 days.
    Wow, didn't see the 30 day limitation. I stand corrected. Sorry...
    - Colin

I like food.

im trying squirrelmail right now, just dont know the IMAP and SMTP servers....bah, its just domain.com ....but what about the ports?...anyone know the ports?

here's a good one ....

easy to set up but must run out of the scgi-bin ......

allows on site signup and then will let you send emails to all....

free and easy ..... subscriber.cgi

http://npscripts.vr9.com/nav.cgi?subscriber/index.html

edit: perhaps you want to offer email access to users ... if so this is no good...