Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on I miss the old forum... Or Cheers to the good old days! in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Yes, I miss the old forum, but no, I'm not talking about software, I'm talking about people, I'm talking about discussions, I'm talking about friendly ...

Loyal Client

I miss the old forum... Or Cheers to the good old days!

Yes, I miss the old forum, but no, I'm not talking about software, I'm talking about people, I'm talking about discussions, I'm talking about friendly collaboration. Now it seems that nobody cares. Even the staff seems to be absent.
    Old-timers know what I'm talking about.

VPS Client
    After over 10 years as a JPC customer I know what you are saying but sometimes things have to change, my time here is coming to an end not because of JPC issues but because my needs have changed and I have no need to continue paying for services that are not used. For me JPC have been great the majority of the time although there have been times when I have had big problems they have been less frequent here than at other providers.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel007 View Post
    After over 10 years as a JPC customer I know what you are saying but sometimes things have to change, my time here is coming to an end not because of JPC issues but because my needs have changed and I have no need to continue paying for services that are not used. For me JPC have been great the majority of the time although there have been times when I have had big problems they have been less frequent here than at other providers.
    Obviously you know what I was talking about. Good luck Rebel007 in your new endeavor.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Yup.
    Good luck

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Yup.
    Is good to know old warriors are still around.

We're still here pals! I try to reply to anything that comes across. I don't know about you but to me it seems forums themselves are a dying or dead format. Everyone seems to just do everything on facebook, twitter, reddit, or some other social network.
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Les View Post
    I don't know about you but to me it seems forums themselves are a dying or dead format. Everyone seems to just do everything on facebook, twitter, reddit, or some other social network.
    Unfortunately you are correct that most people seem to do everything via the main social media platforms for everything , rather than using the most appropriate tool for the job.

In part though that is because typically this gets a much faster and/or more satisfactory response than using the appropriate forums (or in some cases even than trying to phone the company concerned).
    I have on several occasions resorted to posting something on twitter having either got fed up with waiting for a response or not getting a satisfactory answer from a company, usually resulting in a response within minutes.